Table of Contents
On Monday at 8:00 PM ET, the Clemson Tigers will take on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
The Tigers are very heavy favorites (currently -22) in their matchup versus the Yellow Jackets, with the over/under being 50.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Tigers are -2977 and the Yellow Jackets are +1044.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Clemson vs. Georgia Tech
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Clemson Betting Insights
- Clemson compiled a 5-8-0 ATS record last year.
- Clemson was favored by 22 points or more last season three times and failed to cover in all three.
- Clemson and its opponent combined to go over the point total in four of 13 contests last season.
Clemson Stats & Insights
- Clemson scored 26.3 points per game last season, 7.2 fewer than Georgia Tech gave up per matchup (33.5).
- Clemson was 1-2 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team notched more than 33.5 points.
- Last year Georgia Tech had a 3-2 record against the spread and a 2-3 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 26.3 points.
- Clemson collected 359.2 yards per game last year, 96.4 fewer yards than the 455.6 Georgia Tech allowed per matchup.
- When Clemson churned out more than 455.6 yards last year, the team was 1-2 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- When Georgia Tech held its opponents to fewer than 359.2 yards last season, it had a 2-1 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall.
- Clemson rushed for 168.0 yards per game last season, 14.6 fewer than the 182.6 Georgia Tech allowed per contest.
- When Clemson rushed for more than 182.6 yards last season, it compiled a 3-2 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record.
- When Georgia Tech limited its opponents to fewer than 168.0 rushing yards last season, it was 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall.
- Clemson turned the ball over 19 times last season, six more turnovers than Georgia Tech forced (13).
Clemson’s Best Players
- D.J. Uiagalelei’s previous season stat line: 2,246 passing yards (172.8 per game), 208-for-374 (55.6%), nine touchdowns and 10 picks. He also ran for 316 yards on 104 carries with four rushing TDs.
- Last year Will Shipley took 149 carries for 739 yards (56.8 per game) and scored 11 touchdowns.
- Kobe Pace ran for 641 yards on 105 carries (49.3 yards per game), with six rushing touchdowns last year.
- Justyn Ross reeled in 47 catches for 524 yards (40.3 per game) while being targeted 75 times. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Joseph Ngata also impressed receiving last year. He bagged 23 receptions for 438 yards and one touchdown. He was targeted 46 times.
- Beaux Collins grabbed 31 passes for 407 yards and three touchdowns, putting up 31.3 yards per game last season.
- Last season Myles Murphy racked up 8.0 sacks, 11.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Last season James Skalski racked up 78 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Andrew Booth Jr. collected three interceptions while adding 33 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and four passes defended last year.
Georgia Tech Betting Insights
- Georgia Tech covered four times in 12 games with a spread last year.
- Georgia Tech was an underdog by 22 points or more two times last year, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Last season, five Georgia Tech games went over the point total.
Georgia Tech Stats & Insights
- Last year Georgia Tech racked up 9.2 more points per game (24.0) than Clemson allowed (14.8).
- When Georgia Tech put up over 14.8 points last year, it was 3-6 against the spread and 3-6 overall.
- Clemson had a 2-6 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 24.0 points last year.
- Georgia Tech racked up 368.3 yards per game last season, 62.0 more yards than the 306.3 Clemson gave up per outing.
- In games that Georgia Tech churned out over 306.3 yards last year, the team was 4-6 against the spread and 3-7 overall.
- In games Clemson kept its opponents to fewer than 368.3 yards last season, it had a 3-6 record ATS and an 8-1 record overall.
- Georgia Tech rushed for 170.1 yards per game last season, 72.6 more than the 97.5 Clemson allowed per outing.
- When Georgia Tech rushed for more than 97.5 yards last year it compiled a 4-7 ATS record and a 3-8 overall record.
- When Clemson kept its opponents to less than 170.1 rushing yards last year, it was 4-8 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Georgia Tech had 14 giveaways last season, while Clemson had 19 takeaways.
Georgia Tech’s Best Players
- Jeff Sims threw for 1,466 yards and 12 touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, collecting four touchdowns while racking up 372 yards.
- Jordan Mason averaged 36.6 rushing yards and scored one rushing touchdown.
- Dontae Smith ran for four touchdowns on 378 yards a year ago.
- Malachi Carter averaged 40.8 receiving yards and collected two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Kyric McGowan collected seven touchdowns and had 443 receiving yards (36.9 ypg) in 2021.
- Adonicas Sanders played his way to three receiving touchdowns and 362 receiving yards (30.2 ypg) last season.
- Last year Jordan Domineck collected 3.5 sacks, 2.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Quez Jackson put together a strong stat line last year, accruing 67 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Last year Charlie Thomas intercepted two passes to go along with 48 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and two passes defended.