Table of Contents
The Cleveland Guardians (68-60) and the Baltimore Orioles (68-61) square off on Thursday at 6:10 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Guardians are favored (-187) to take the rubber match against the Orioles (+158). Cleveland has Shane Bieber starting things off, and Baltimore will counter with Kyle Bradish.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with 101 home runs.
- The Guardians rank 10th in the majors with a .250 batting average.
- The Guardians are 19th in baseball with a .311 on-base percentage.
- The Guardians strike out 6.9 times per game, the least Ks in the league.
- The Guardians have hit 37 home runs at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .364 at home.
- The club averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .247 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has 135 hits, which is best among Cleveland hitters this season, while batting .284 with 69 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified batters in baseball, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 29th, his on-base percentage ranks 28th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ramirez will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan has 126 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .370.
- Kwan is 16th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .720, fueled by an OBP of .317 and a team-best slugging percentage of .403 this season.
- Andres Gimenez has been key for Cleveland with 115 hits, an OBP of .366 plus a slugging percentage of .488.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles’ 134 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- The Orioles rank 21st in MLB with a .236 team batting average.
- The Orioles have an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Orioles rank 19th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 73 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 68 road contests this season.
- In 68 road games this season, they’re slugging .386 with 205 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .231 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Orioles Key Batters
- Anthony Santander has racked up a team-high OBP (.336), and paces the Orioles in hits (117).
- Including all qualifying hitters, Santander is 74th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 64th and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Cedric Mullins’ .398 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Including all qualified players, Mullins is 61st in batting average, 80th in on-base percentage and 96th in slugging percentage.
- Austin Hays is hitting .252 with 29 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 26 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle is hitting .243 with 24 doubles, 18 home runs and 30 walks.
Guardians vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers