Table of Contents
Jeremy Pena will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Houston Astros (83-47) take on the Texas Rangers (58-70) on Wednesday at 2:05 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-139) over the Rangers (+117). Cristian Javier starts for Houston while Texas will counter with Martin Perez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Game Time: 2:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fourth in MLB play with 172 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .245 batting average ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Astros rank ninth in baseball with a .318 on-base percentage.
- Astros hitters strike out 7.4 times per game, the third-lowest average in the league.
- The Astros have hit 87 home runs on the road this season (1.3 per game).
- The Astros have a .410 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .239 away from home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .479, fueled by 54 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Bregman’s batting average ranks 53rd, his on-base percentage ranks 16th, and he is 23rd in slugging.
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros in OBP (.398) and total hits (111) this season.
- Alvarez ranks 18th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and third in slugging among qualifying batters.
- Alvarez has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has collected 112 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .476 this season.
- Tucker has picked up a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with three doubles and a walk.
- Jose Altuve has an OPS of .875, fueled by an OBP of .367 and a team-best slugging percentage of .508 this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers have hit 158 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rangers rank 15th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .307 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 65 home contests this season.
- In 65 home games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 168 hits going for extra bases.
- In 65 home games this season, they have a batting average of .241 while averaging eight base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager is batting .255 with 17 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 51 walks.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Seager is 79th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Marcus Semien is batting .238 with 20 doubles, four triples, 20 home runs and 44 walks.
- Semien is currently 112th in batting average, 122nd in on-base percentage and 82nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Adolis Garcia has 25 doubles, four triples, 21 home runs and 31 walks while batting .258.
- Nate Lowe leads his team with 140 hits and a .347 OBP, with a team-leading .494 slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers