Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (66-61) host the Boston Red Sox (62-67) at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday in a matchup featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Luis Arraez has a batting average of .320 (fourth in the majors) for the favored Twins (-132), while Xander Bogaerts is ninth in MLB play batting .305 this season for the underdog Red Sox (+112). Minnesota’s Chris Archer gets the start against Boston’s Kutter Crawford.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 7:40 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are 10th in MLB action with 149 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Twins have the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Twins rank eighth in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- The Twins strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 11th in baseball.
- The Twins average 1.1 homers per home game this season (76 total at home).
- The Twins have a .408 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .250 with 556 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has an OPS of .814, fueled by an OBP of .387 to go with a slugging percentage of .427. All three of those stats lead Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Arraez is fourth in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and 66th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, three walks and an RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .235 with 16 doubles, 16 home runs and 64 walks.
- Polanco ranks 116th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 87th in slugging in MLB.
- Carlos Correa leads Minnesota in total hits (107) this season, and 32 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Gio Urshela has been key for Minnesota with 100 hits, an OBP of .314 plus a slugging percentage of .429.
- Urshela has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .313 with two doubles, four walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 122 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Red Sox’s .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Red Sox have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Red Sox rank 16th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 64 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 51 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- In 64 road games this season, they’re slugging .381 with 193 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .248 on the road this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has racked up 130 hits, a team-best for the Red Sox.
- Including all qualified hitters, Devers ranks 21st in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 38th and he is eighth in slugging.
- Bogaerts has a .373 OBP while slugging .448. Both lead his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Bogaerts’ batting average places him ninth, his on-base percentage is 12th, and he is 49th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .282 with 33 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .251 with 19 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 46 walks.
Twins vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers