Table of Contents
Kyle Gibson’s Philadelphia Phillies (73-58) are moneyline underdogs (-105) against the San Francisco Giants (61-68), who are at -115, on Friday as he looks to collect his 10th victory of the season. The outing starts at 10:15 PM ET. San Francisco’s Alex Cobb gets the start against Philadelphia’s Gibson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 13th in MLB play with 144 total home runs .
- The Giants rank 23rd in MLB with a .232 batting average.
- The Giants are 14th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Giants’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 21st in the league.
- The Giants have hit 73 homers at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Giants have a .396 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .238 at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores leads San Francisco with 104 hits and an OBP of .330, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .424.
- Among all qualified hitters, Flores ranks 92nd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 76th, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .260 with 19 doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 24 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Estrada is 67th in batting average, 99th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- Estrada has picked up a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .375 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Joc Pederson is batting .263 with a .513 slugging percentage and 53 RBI this year.
- Pederson takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .375 with a double, three home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 12 home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .203 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies rank sixth in Major League Baseball with 164 home runs.
- The Phillies rank eighth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Phillies have the 12th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- The Phillies rank 14th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 62 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .410 in away games this season with 185 extra-base hits.
- In 62 road games this season, they have a batting average of .250 while averaging 8.8 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins a has .343 on-base percentage to pace the Phillies.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Hoskins’ batting average places him 84th, his on-base percentage is 44th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Kyle Schwarber has racked up 100 hits to pace his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Schwarber ranks 135th in batting average, 102nd in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- J.T. Realmuto has 23 doubles, five triples, 14 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .270.
- Alec Bohm’s .405 slugging percentage paces his team.
Giants vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers