Table of Contents
Isaac Paredes leads the Tampa Bay Rays (70-57) into a contest with the Miami Marlins (55-73) a game after he homered twice in a 12-4 win over the Red Sox. The Rays are favored on the moneyline (-199) against the Marlins (+165) in this outing, which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Shane McClanahan starts for Tampa Bay while Miami will counter with Jesus Luzardo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB play with 116 total home runs .
- The Rays have the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Rays are 20th in the league with a .309 on-base percentage.
- The Rays strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 22nd in the league.
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per road game this season (55 total away from home).
- The Rays have a .375 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .241 with 520 hits (8.4 per game) on the road this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has 113 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .387.
- Diaz is 32nd in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage, and 84th in slugging among qualified batters in baseball.
- Diaz will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay with 122 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .449.
- Among qualified hitters, Arozarena’s batting average places him 62nd, his on-base percentage 69th, and his slugging percentage 47th.
- Arozarena enters this matchup looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with four doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Paredes has 58 hits this season and has a slash line of .225/.306/.484.
- Paredes has logged a hit or more in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- David Peralta has been key for Tampa Bay with 91 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .443.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 114 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .295.
- The Marlins rank 23rd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 62 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .370 in home games this season with 162 extra-base hits.
- In 62 home games this season, they have a batting average of .232 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has put up an on-base percentage of .280, a slugging percentage of .327, and has 90 hits, all club-highs for the Marlins.
- Rojas is 119th in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage and 136th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Jon Berti is hitting .255 with 14 doubles, two triples, two home runs and 34 walks.
- Garrett Cooper is hitting .260 with 24 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 33 walks.
- Joey Wendle is batting .257 with 18 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 12 walks.
Rays vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers