Table of Contents
Booksmakers give the Tampa Bay Rays (72-57) the edge (-125 on the moneyline) to continue their three-game winning streak when they take on the New York Yankees (79-52), at +105, on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. New York is projected to start Domingo German, while Tampa Bay has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Yankees
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank 22nd in MLB action with 118 total home runs.
- The Rays have the 17th-ranked batting average in the league (.241).
- The Rays’ .310 on-base percentage is 20th in the league.
- The Rays strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 21st in baseball.
- The Rays average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (61 total in home contests).
- The Rays are slugging .389 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .240 at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with an OBP of .395 this season while batting .289 with 68 walks and 63 runs scored.
- Among all qualified batters in MLB, Diaz is 22nd in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 70th in slugging.
- Diaz hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .550 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Randy Arozarena leads Tampa Bay with 127 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .457.
- Among all qualified batters, Arozarena ranks 51st in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 40th in slugging percentage.
- Arozarena heads into this matchup looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .455 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Harold Ramirez has 100 hits this season and has a slash line of .331/.370/.444.
- Ramirez takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .348 with a double and four RBI.
- Isaac Paredes is batting .224 with a .305 OBP and 40 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The Yankees lead Major League Baseball in home runs with 205.
- The Yankees’ .240 batting average ranks 20th in the league this season.
- The Yankees have an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 16th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 66 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 96 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- In 66 road games this season, they’re slugging .418 with 199 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.5 base hits per game and batting .244 on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge has totaled 139 hits with a .399 on-base percentage and a .664 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Yankees.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Judge is 14th in batting average, third in on-base percentage and first in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .225 with 19 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 55 walks.
- Rizzo is currently 127th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .269 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 64 walks.
- Andrew Benintendi has 22 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 52 walks while batting .300.
Rays vs. Yankees Probable Pitchers