Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (51-78) will look to Jonathan India, who is riding a 14-game hitting streak, when they face the Colorado Rockies (56-76). The Reds are favored (-116) for this outing against the Rockies (-103), which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Friday at Great American Ball Park. Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa gets the start against Colorado’s Kyle Freeland.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds are 20th in MLB action with 124 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- The Reds’ .241 batting average ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Reds’ .309 on-base percentage ranks 21st in the league.
- The Reds strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 25th in the league.
- The Reds average 1.2 homers per home game this season (75 total at home).
- The Reds are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .414 in home contests.
- The team is batting .255 with 549 hits (8.4 per game) at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati with 106 hits and an OBP of .325, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .373.
- Among qualifying hitters, Farmer is 67th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 81st, and he is 120th in slugging.
- India is hitting .261 with 14 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- India enters this game looking to extend his 14-game hit streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with three doubles, a triple, seven walks and four RBI.
- Nick Senzel has 78 hits this season and has a slash line of .243/.305/.315.
- Donovan Solano has three home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .316 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 115 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies rank first in the majors with a .260 team batting average.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rockies have shown patience at the plate this season with the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 64 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .340 in away games this season with 152 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .232 with 8.0 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has totaled 132 hits with a .486 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Rockies.
- Including all qualified players, Cron is 41st in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 84th and he is 21st in slugging.
- Cron takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .282 with a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Brendan Rodgers has 28 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 36 walks while batting .276.
- Rodgers is 38th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 73rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .268 with 19 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 28 walks.
- Jose Iglesias has 30 doubles, three home runs and 16 walks while hitting .301.
Reds vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers