Table of Contents
Javier Baez will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Detroit Tigers (50-81) square off against the Kansas City Royals (53-79) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Tigers are favored (-112) over the Royals (-107). Detroit’s Drew Hutchison and Kansas City’s Daniel Lynch pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit 76 home runs this season, the lowest total in baseball.
- The Tigers’ .229 batting average ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Tigers are 29th in the league with an on-base percentage of .285.
- The Tigers strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 24 average in baseball.
- The Tigers average 0.5 homers per home game this season (36 total at home).
- The Tigers have a .345 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .238 with 512 hits (7.8 per game) at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Baez leads Detroit in OBP (.266), slugging percentage (.361) and total hits (99) this season.
- Baez ranks 131st in batting average, 142nd in on-base percentage, and 125th in slugging among all qualified batters in MLB.
- Baez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with two walks and two RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .279 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .204 with a .354 slugging percentage and 42 RBI this year.
- Willi Castro is batting .243 with a .288 OBP and 25 RBI for Detroit this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 26th in Major League Baseball with just 112 home runs as a team.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .244 this season, which ranks 14th among MLB teams.
- The Royals have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Royals rank 11th with an average of eight strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 63 road contests this season.
- In 63 road games this season, they’re slugging .359 with 155 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a slugging percentage of .444 and has 118 hits, both team-best numbers for the Royals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Witt Jr.’s batting average puts him 84th, his on-base percentage is 127th, and he is 54th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .182 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Salvador Perez has 17 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 14 walks while hitting .237.
- MJ Melendez has 15 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 50 walks while batting .221.
- Hunter Dozier paces his team with a .302 OBP.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers