Table of Contents
Joey Meneses leads the Washington Nationals (45-86) into a contest with the New York Mets (84-48) after his four-hit performance in a 7-5 win over the Athletics. The Mets are moneyline favorites (-279) in this game against the underdog Nationals (+229), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. New York’s David Peterson and Washington’s Josiah Gray will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 17th in MLB play with 132 total home runs.
- The Mets’ .257 batting average is seventh-best in MLB.
- The Mets rank third in the league with an on-base percentage of .328.
- The Mets strike out 7.6 times per game to rank fifth in baseball.
- The Mets average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (62 total in home outings).
- The Mets are slugging .397 with 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .255.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 132 hits, batting .269 this season with 54 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Alonso is 48th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor leads New York in slugging percentage (.445) thanks to 43 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters, Lindor is 48th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 52nd in slugging percentage.
- Lindor has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Starling Marte has 134 hits this season and has a slash line of .295/.350/.476.
- Marte takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has 12 home runs, 45 RBI and a batting average of .266 this season.
- Nimmo has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 111 homers this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- The Nationals’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .312 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Nationals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking second with an average of 7.4 strikeouts per game.
- In 62 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 46 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- In 62 road games this season, they’re slugging .371 with 149 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.6 base hits per game and batting .252 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz has accumulated an on-base percentage of .316, a team-high for the Nationals.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Cruz is 115th in batting average, 97th in on-base percentage and 135th in slugging percentage.
- Cruz takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with three walks and three RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez is slugging .309 to pace his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hernandez is 94th in batting average, 113th in on-base percentage and 141st in slugging percentage.
- Keibert Ruiz has 21 doubles, six home runs and 28 walks while hitting .249.
- Lane Thomas has 20 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 27 walks while hitting .240.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers