Table of Contents
Hunter Dozier has 97 hits this season, and will look for his 100th when his Kansas City Royals (53-79) play the Detroit Tigers (50-81) on Saturday at 6:10 PM ET. The Royals are the underdog (-109) in this contest against the Tigers (-111). Detroit has Michael Pineda starting things off, and Kansas City will send out Jonathan Heasley.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit the fewest home runs in baseball this season (78).
- The Tigers have the fifth-worst batting average in the majors (.229).
- The Tigers are 29th in the league with a .285 on-base percentage.
- The Tigers strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 24th in baseball.
- The Tigers average 0.6 homers per home game this season (38 total at home).
- The Tigers are averaging 2.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .347 at home.
- The club averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .238 at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in OBP (.268), slugging percentage (.368) and total hits (100) this season.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, Baez is 129th in batting average, 141st in on-base percentage, and 122nd in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .281 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Castro heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double and six RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has 74 hits this season and has a slash line of .204/.265/.354.
- Willi Castro has been key for Detroit with 77 hits, an OBP of .292 plus a slugging percentage of .369.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 25th in Major League Baseball with 113 home runs.
- The Royals’ .244 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Royals have an OBP of .307 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Royals rank 11th with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 64 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .358 in 64 road games this season.
- In 64 road games this season, they have a batting average of .228 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up a slugging percentage of .440 and has 118 hits, both team-high marks for the Royals.
- Witt Jr. ranks 87th in batting average, 129th in on-base percentage and 55th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in MLB.
- Salvador Perez is batting .236 with 17 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 14 walks.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .221 with 15 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 50 walks.
- Dozier has a .301 OBP to lead his team.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers