Table of Contents
Freddie Freeman leads the Los Angeles Dodgers (90-41) into a matchup with Manny Machado and the San Diego Padres (74-59) on Saturday at 9:10 PM ET at Dodger Stadium. Freeman is hitting .318, the fourth-best batting average in the majors, for the favored Dodgers (-221), while Machado ranks seventh in MLB play with a .306 batting average this season for the underdog Padres (+183). Julio Urias starts for Los Angeles, and Sean Manaea is San Diego’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 170 total home runs.
- The Dodgers lead the majors with a .260 batting average.
- The Dodgers have a league-best .336 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 13 mark in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per home game this season (79 total at home).
- The Dodgers have a .458 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .263 at home this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman has an OPS of .893, fueled by an OBP of .390 to go with a slugging percentage of .503. All three of those stats are best among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, Freeman’s batting average ranks fourth, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles in total hits (129) this season while batting .279 with 63 extra-base hits.
- Betts ranks 33rd in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging in the majors.
- Trea Turner is batting .306 with a .478 slugging percentage and 86 RBI this year.
- Will Smith has been key for Los Angeles with 107 hits, an OBP of .350 plus a slugging percentage of .460.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 122 home runs.
- The Padres rank 16th in MLB with a .243 team batting average.
- The Padres have an OBP of .321 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- The Padres rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 64 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 70 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .398 in 70 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .252 on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Machado has a team-high slugging percentage (.541) and leads the Padres in hits (144).
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, Machado’s batting average places him seventh, his on-base percentage is 11th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Machado enters this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .341 with three doubles, three home runs, three walks and 11 RBI.
- Juan Soto leads his team with a .410 on-base percentage.
- Soto is currently 89th in batting average, second in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Josh Bell has 28 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 67 walks while batting .275.
- Brandon Drury is batting .262 with 26 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 33 walks.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers