Table of Contents
Hunter Dozier is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Kansas City Royals (54-79) ready for a matchup with the Detroit Tigers (50-82) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (-104) against the Tigers (-116). Matt Manning gets the starting nod for Detroit, and Max Castillo is Kansas City’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Tigers vs. Royals
- Game Day: Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit the fewest home runs in MLB action this season (79).
- The Tigers have the fifth-worst batting average in the league (.229).
- The Tigers’ .285 on-base percentage is the second-worst in the league.
- The Tigers strike out 8.7 times per game, the No. 24 mark in baseball.
- The Tigers have hit 39 homers at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Tigers are slugging .347 with 2.2 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .238.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has 102 hits and an OBP of .271 to go with a slugging percentage of .370. All three of those stats are best among Detroit hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Baez’s batting average ranks 124th, his on-base percentage ranks 140th, and he is 122nd in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Harold Castro is hitting .278 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .202 with a .350 slugging percentage and 42 RBI this year.
- Willi Castro has six home runs, 26 RBI and a batting average of .244 this season.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals have hit 117 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Royals’ .245 batting average ranks 13th in the league this season.
- The Royals have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Royals rank 11th in strikeouts per game (eight) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 65 road contests this season.
- In 65 road games this season, they’re slugging .367 with 165 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .230 on the road this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a team-high slugging percentage (.444) while leading the Royals in hits (119).
- Witt Jr. ranks 86th in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- MJ Melendez has 15 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 51 walks while batting .224.
- Salvador Perez has 17 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 14 walks while batting .236.
- Dozier’s .301 OBP paces his team.
Tigers vs. Royals Probable Pitchers