Table of Contents
The Houston Astros (85-48) visit the Los Angeles Angels (58-75) at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday, providing a matchup between two top-10 sluggers. Yordan Alvarez has 31 home runs (seventh in MLB) for the favored Astros (-166), while Shohei Ohtani ranks ninth in MLB play with 30 dingers this season for the underdog Angels (+141). Jose Urquidy starts for Houston while Los Angeles will counter with Tucker Davidson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Angels
- Game Day: Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank fifth in MLB play with 172 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Astros’ .244 batting average ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Astros’ .317 on-base percentage ranks 13th in the league.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game, the second-best average in the league.
- The Astros average 1.2 homers per road game this season (87 total away from home).
- The Astros are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .404 away from home.
- The team is batting .238 with 577 hits (8.2 per game) on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alex Bregman is hitting .265 with 34 doubles, 20 home runs and 73 walks.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Bregman’s batting average ranks 56th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 27th in slugging.
- Alvarez leads the Astros in OBP (.398) and total hits (111) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Alvarez ranks 16th in batting average, fourth in on-base percentage and third in slugging percentage.
- Alvarez has picked up at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Jose Altuve has hit 22 homers with a team-high .510 SLG this season.
- Altuve has recorded a hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .259 with a .335 OBP and 84 RBI for Houston this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 151 home runs.
- The Angels rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .227.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .294.
- The Angels are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking last with an average of 9.7 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 67 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .400 in 67 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .235 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has accumulated 127 hits with a .358 on-base percentage and a .522 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Angels.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, Ohtani’s batting average is 52nd, his on-base percentage is 26th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Mike Trout is hitting .270 with 18 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 43 walks.
- Taylor Ward is batting .260 with 14 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 51 walks.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .265 with 19 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 14 walks.
Astros vs. Angels Probable Pitchers