Table of Contents
The Liberty Flames will visit the Southern Miss Golden Eagles on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET.
The Flames are favored, but by less than a touchdown (-3.5), against the Golden Eagles. The over/under for this game is 49.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Liberty vs. Southern Miss
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Stadium: M.M. Roberts Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Liberty Betting Insights
- Liberty went 7-6-0 ATS last season.
- Liberty covered the spread five times last season (5-5 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total five times in Liberty games.
Liberty Stats & Insights
- Last year, Liberty averaged 5.7 more points per game (33.6) than Southern Miss allowed (27.9).
- Liberty was 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team recorded over 27.9 points.
- Last season Southern Miss had a 4-4 record against the spread and a 3-5 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 33.6 points.
- Liberty averaged 436.2 yards per game last season, 78.6 more yards than the 357.6 Southern Miss gave up per contest.
- In games that Liberty churned out over 357.6 yards last season, the team was 5-4 against the spread and 5-4 overall.
- Southern Miss had a 4-6 record ATS and a 3-7 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 436.2 yards last year.
- Liberty rushed for 181.2 yards per game last year, 25.6 more than the 155.6 Southern Miss allowed per outing.
- Last season Liberty had a 6-2 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 155.6 yards.
- Southern Miss was 4-4 against the spread and 3-5 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 181.2 rushing yards last year.
- Last year Liberty had 21 turnovers, two fewer than Southern Miss had takeaways (23).
Liberty’s Best Players
- Malik Willis put together an impressive passing stat line last year with 2,857 yards (219.8 yards per game), going 207-for-339 (61.1% completion percentage), 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He was a factor in the running game as well, with 878 rushing yards on 197 carries, 13 rushing TDs, and averaging 67.5 yards per game.
- T.J. Green collected 477 rushing yards on 75 carries and four touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Demario Douglas grabbed 52 passes (on 67 targets) for 706 yards (54.3 per game). He also found the end zone six times.
- CJ Daniels produced last season, grabbing 37 passes for 629 yards and seven touchdowns. He collected 48.4 receiving yards per game.
- Kevin Shaa’s stat line last year: 516 receiving yards, 28 catches, six touchdowns, on 52 targets.
- Last season Storey Jackson was an absolute machine, with 7.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL, 72 tackles, and one interception.
- Duron Lowe collected two interceptions while adding 19 tackles and two passes defended last year.
Southern Miss Betting Insights
- Southern Miss covered four times in 12 games with a spread last season.
- Southern Miss covered the spread twice last year (2-5 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- A total of four of Southern Miss games last season hit the over.
Southern Miss Stats & Insights
- Last year Southern Miss scored 3.8 fewer points per game (17.7) than Liberty surrendered (21.5).
- When Southern Miss recorded more than 21.5 points last season, it was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Liberty had a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score fewer than 17.7 points last year.
- Southern Miss averaged 53.9 fewer yards per game (266.3) than Liberty allowed per contest (320.2) last year.
- In games that Southern Miss churned out over 320.2 yards last year, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Liberty had a 3-0 record ATS and a 3-0 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 266.3 yards last year.
- Southern Miss rushed for 120.8 yards per game last season, 19.1 fewer than the 139.9 Liberty allowed per outing.
- Last season Southern Miss had a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record in games the team ran for over 139.9 yards.
- Liberty was 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 120.8 rushing yards last year.
- Southern Miss turned the ball over 20 more times (31 total) than Liberty forced turnovers (11) last year.
Southern Miss’ Best Players
- Jake Lange completed 57.7% of his passes to throw for 843 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Frank Gore Jr. compiled 801 rushing yards and five touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Dajon Richard rushed for 447 yards and two touchdowns last season.
- Jason Brownlee averaged 53.6 yards on 3.8 receptions per game and compiled eight receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Jakarius Caston hauled in one touchdown and had 239 receiving yards (19.9 ypg) in 2021.
- Demarcus Jones played his way to two receiving touchdowns and 185 receiving yards (15.4 ypg) last season.
- Last year Josh Carr Jr. put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 4.0 sacks, and added 6.0 TFL, 42 tackles, and one interception.
- Malik Shorts put together an excellent stat line last year, collecting 61 tackles and two interceptions.
- Lakevias Daniel racked up two interceptions in addition to 22 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended a year ago.