Table of Contents
At Ben Hill Griffin Stadium on Saturday, the Utah Utes take on the Florida Gators.
The Gators are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2.5), against the Utes (with an over/under of 51.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Utah vs. Florida
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Gainesville, Florida
- Stadium: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Utah Betting Insights
- Utah covered six times in 13 matchups with a spread last season.
- Utah was 4-7 ATS last season when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Last season, eight Utah games hit the over.
Utah Stats & Insights
- Utah averaged 36.1 points per game last year, 9.3 more than Florida gave up per matchup (26.8).
- Utah was 5-5 against the spread and 8-2 overall in games when it scored more than 26.8 points last season.
- Florida had a 3-6 record against the spread and a 5-4 record overall in games when it allowed less than 36.1 points last year.
- Utah collected 431.0 yards per game last year, 64.8 more yards than the 366.2 Florida allowed per matchup.
- In games that Utah amassed more than 366.2 yards last season, the team was 5-4 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Florida had a 3-6 record ATS and a 5-4 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 431.0 yards last year.
- Utah rushed for 216.7 yards per game last season, 53.9 more than the 162.8 Florida allowed per outing.
- Last year Utah had a 5-6 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record in games the team ran for more than 162.8 yards.
- Last season, Florida was 3-7 against the spread and 6-4 overall when holding opponents to less than 216.7 yards on the ground.
- Utah turned the ball over two more times (15 total) than Florida forced a turnover (13) last year.
Utah’s Best Players
- Cameron Rising recorded a passing stat line last year of 2,493 yards with a 63.7% completion rate (204-for-320), 20 touchdowns, five interceptions, and an average of 178.1 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 74 carries for 499 yards and six TDs.
- Tavion Thomas churned out 1,108 rushing yards (79.1 per game) and 21 touchdowns last season.
- T.J. Pledger ran for 694 yards on 104 carries (49.6 yards per game), with six rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous year, Brant Kuithe grabbed 49 passes (on 73 targets) for 602 yards (43.0 per game). He also found the end zone six times.
- Britain Covey produced last season, catching 52 passes for 514 yards and three touchdowns. He collected 36.7 receiving yards per game.
- Dalton Kincaid’s stat line last year: 510 receiving yards, 36 catches, eight touchdowns, on 46 targets.
- Mika Tafua’s hard work last season produced a stat line of 9.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Devin Lloyd gathered 79 tackles, 16.0 TFL, seven sacks, and four interceptions last year.
Florida Betting Insights
- Florida covered three times in 13 matchups with a spread last season.
- Florida covered the spread once when an underdog by 2.5 points or more last year (in two opportunities).
- Last year, four Florida games hit the over.
Florida Stats & Insights
- Florida averaged 8.1 more points per game (30.7) than Utah gave up (22.6) last year.
- Florida was 3-6 against the spread and 6-3 overall in games when it put up more than 22.6 points last year.
- Utah had a 5-5 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score less than 30.7 points last season.
- Florida collected 119.7 more yards per game (462.8) than Utah gave up per matchup (343.1) last season.
- Florida was 3-8 against the spread and 6-5 overall when the team piled up over 343.1 yards last season.
- In games Utah kept its opponents to fewer than 462.8 yards last year, it had a 5-6 record ATS and a 9-2 record overall.
- Last year Florida ran for 89.0 more yards per game (209.8) than Utah allowed per contest (120.8).
- Florida had a 3-7 ATS record and a 6-4 overall record when the team ran for more than 120.8 yards last season.
- Utah was 6-5 against the spread and 10-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 209.8 rushing yards last year.
- Florida turned the ball over five more times (21 total) than Utah forced turnovers (16) last season.
Florida’s Best Players
- Emory Jones threw 19 touchdowns and 13 interceptions while throwing for 2,720 yards by the end of last season (209.2 ypg). He also scored four touchdowns on 58.6 rushing yards per game.
- Dameon Pierce ran for 13 touchdowns on 574 yards a year ago. Pierce also was efficient as a receiver, tallying 19 receptions for 216 yards with three touchdowns.
- Justin Shorter averaged 42.3 receiving yards and collected three receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Kemore Gamble caught 31 passes last season on his way to 414 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Xzavier Henderson played his way to two receiving touchdowns and 277 receiving yards (21.3 ypg) last season.
- Last year Brenton Cox Jr. put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 8.0 sacks, and added 14.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Rashad Torrence was all over the field last season with 71 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions.