Table of Contents
A pair of MLB’s best hitters go head-to-head when the Los Angeles Dodgers (91-41) and the San Diego Padres (74-60) play at 7:08 PM ET on Sunday at Dodger Stadium. Freddie Freeman has a .322 batting average (second in MLB) for the favored Dodgers (-162), and Manny Machado ranks seventh in MLB action hitting .306 this season for the underdog Padres (+138). Los Angeles’ Ryan Pepiot and San Diego’s Mike Clevinger will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Padres
- Game Day: Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers rank fourth in baseball with 174 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers are second in MLB with a .260 batting average.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .337 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.3 times per game, the No. 13 mark in the league.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (83 total in home outings).
- The Dodgers have a .464 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.8 hits per game and is batting .265.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman has an OPS of .901, fueled by an OBP of .395 to go with a slugging percentage of .506. All three of those stats are best among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Freeman’s batting average ranks second, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles with 131 hits. He is batting .281 this season and has 65 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying players, Betts is 31st in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage and fifth in slugging percentage.
- Trea Turner has collected 163 base hits, an OBP of .350 and a slugging percentage of .481 this season.
- Turner has logged a hit or more in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .182 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Will Smith is batting .263 with a .351 OBP and 79 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres have hit 123 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Padres have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Padres have an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- The Padres rank 12th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
- In 71 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 65 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- In 71 road games this season, they’re slugging .395 with 220 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .250 on the road this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Machado has accumulated a slugging percentage of .546 and has 145 hits, both team-best figures for the Padres.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Machado’s batting average places him seventh, his on-base percentage is 11th, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Machado hopes to build on an eight-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with three doubles, four home runs, three walks and 12 RBI.
- Juan Soto has a .408 on-base percentage to lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Soto is 92nd in batting average, second in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Josh Bell has 28 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 68 walks while hitting .274.
- Brandon Drury is hitting .262 with 26 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 33 walks.
Dodgers vs. Padres Probable Pitchers