Table of Contents
Luis Garcia leads the Washington Nationals (46-87) into a contest with the New York Mets (85-49) following his four-hit outing in a 7-1 win over the Mets. The Mets are favored on the moneyline (-313) in this game against the underdog Nationals (+250), which begins at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday. New York has Carlos Carrasco starting things off, while Washington will counter with Erick Fedde.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per game to rank 16th in baseball with 135 total home runs .
- The Mets’ .256 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Mets are third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game, the fifth-best average in the league.
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per home game this season (65 total at home).
- The Mets have a .399 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .254.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York with 133 hits, batting .268 this season with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Alonso’s batting average ranks 46th, his on-base percentage ranks 43rd, and he is 12th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor has hit 21 homers this season while driving in 86 runs. He’s batting .267 this season.
- Lindor is 49th in batting average, 45th in on-base percentage and 54th in slugging in MLB.
- Starling Marte has collected 136 base hits, an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .472 this season.
- Brandon Nimmo has 12 home runs, 46 RBI and a batting average of .266 this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 113 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .248 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.313).
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the third-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 48 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 64 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .375 in away games this season with 157 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.7 base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz is batting .235 with 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 47 walks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Cruz’s batting average puts him 117th, his on-base percentage ranks 98th, and he is 135th in slugging.
- Cesar Hernandez paces his team with a .309 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hernandez’s batting average puts him 95th, his on-base percentage is 112th, and he is 141st in slugging.
- Keibert Ruiz has 22 doubles, six home runs and 28 walks while hitting .245.
- Lane Thomas leads his team with 94 hits.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers