Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (74-57) have a 2-0 series lead and will attempt to sweep the New York Yankees (79-54) on Sunday at Tropicana Field. The Yankees are favored (-124) against the underdog Rays (+105) in the matchup, which begins at 1:40 PM ET. Frankie Montas starts for New York while Tampa Bay will counter with Shawn Armstrong.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Rays
- Game Day: Sunday, September 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.5 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 206 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.238).
- The Yankees rank fifth in the league with a .321 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.4 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (97 total in road outings).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .412 away from home.
- On the road this season the team averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .241.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.399), slugging percentage (.666) and total hits (141) this season.
- Judge is 14th in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and first in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .225 with 19 doubles, a triple, 30 home runs and 55 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 129th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging in MLB.
- Rizzo enters this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .231 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has collected 118 base hits, an OBP of .362 and a slugging percentage of .386 this season.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .240 with a .289 OBP and 51 RBI for New York this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays’ 119 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rays have a team batting average of .242 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Rays have an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Rays rank 18th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 67 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .388 in 67 home games this season.
- They are averaging 7.8 base hits per game and batting .241 as a team at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has put up a team-high .396 on-base percentage.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Diaz’s batting average ranks 24th, his on-base percentage is fifth, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Randy Arozarena’s 128 hits and .452 slugging percentage both lead his team.
- Arozarena ranks 48th in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .328 with 20 doubles, five home runs and 16 walks.
- Isaac Paredes has 13 doubles, 18 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .222.
Yankees vs. Rays Probable Pitchers