Table of Contents
The Seattle Mariners (76-58) square off against the Chicago White Sox (67-67) after Julio Rodriguez had a four-hit outing in a 6-3 win over the Guardians. The White Sox are favored (-121) in this matchup with the Mariners (+101), which begins at 6:40 PM ET on Monday. Lance Lynn starts for Chicago while Seattle will counter with Marco Gonzales.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox are 23rd in MLB action with 117 total home runs.
- The White Sox’s .261 batting average leads MLB.
- The White Sox’s .317 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- The White Sox strike out 7.7 times per game, the seventh-best average in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 51 home runs away from home this season (0.8 per game).
- The White Sox have a .390 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .266 with 607 hits (9.5 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago with 157 hits and an OBP of .384, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .454.
- Abreu ranks sixth in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging among qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Abreu has recorded at least one hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .293 with two doubles, three walks and five RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 122 hits, which is tops among Chicago batters this season. He’s batting .286 with 41 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Vaughn’s batting average places him 26th, his on-base percentage 59th, and his slugging percentage 42nd.
- Luis Robert has collected 107 base hits, an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .451 this season.
- Elvis Andrus has 10 home runs, 41 RBI and a batting average of .245 this season.
- Andrus heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .341 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and eight RBI.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 157 home runs.
- The Mariners have a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Mariners have an on-base percentage of .313 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Mariners rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- In 63 games at home this season, they’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 63 home games this season, they’re slugging .373 with 161 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .222 with 7.1 base hits per contest.
Mariners Key Batters
- Rodriguez has put up 123 hits, a team-high for the Mariners.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Rodriguez’s batting average is 47th, his on-base percentage is 76th, and he is 24th in slugging.
- Rodriguez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .238 with a double, three home runs, five walks and three RBI.
- Ty France’s .349 OBP and .450 slugging percentage both pace his team.
- Including all qualifying players, France is 28th in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Eugenio Suarez is hitting .230 with 23 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 67 walks.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .252 with 21 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 51 walks.
White Sox vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers