Table of Contents
Hunter Dozier will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Kansas City Royals (55-79) square off against the Cleveland Guardians (68-64) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET. The Royals are underdogs (+111) versus the Guardians (-132). Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie starts against Kansas City’s Brady Singer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Royals
- Game Day: Monday, September 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with 101 home runs.
- The Guardians have the 10th-best batting average in the league (.249).
- The Guardians rank 18th in baseball with a .311 on-base percentage.
- Guardians batters strike out 6.9 times per game, the fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Guardians have hit 64 home runs away from home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Guardians are slugging .395 with three extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 8.9 hits per game and is batting .252 on the road this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 137 hits, batting .280 this season with 69 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying batters in baseball, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 32nd, his on-base percentage ranks 34th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 130 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .367.
- Kwan’s batting average is 17th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 18th, and his slugging percentage 110th.
- Kwan brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with a walk.
- Amed Rosario has hit eight homers with a team-high .395 SLG this season.
- Andres Gimenez has 118 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .367.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 117 home runs.
- The Royals rank 13th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- The Royals have the 22nd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- The Royals rank 11th in strikeouts per game (eight) among MLB offenses.
- In 69 games at home this season, they’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .398 in home games this season with 186 extra-base hits.
- In 69 home games this season, they have a batting average of .260 while averaging 8.6 base hits per contest.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up 121 hits with a .446 slugging percentage, both team-high statistics for the Royals.
- Including all qualified hitters, Witt Jr. ranks 82nd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 127th and he is 48th in slugging.
- Witt Jr. hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- MJ Melendez has 16 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 52 walks while batting .225.
- Salvador Perez is batting .236 with 17 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 15 walks.
- Dozier is batting .240 with 24 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 31 walks.
Guardians vs. Royals Probable Pitchers