Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (68-67) visit the Seattle Mariners (76-59) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The White Sox are underdogs (+129) against the favored Mariners (-152). Logan Gilbert takes the mound first for Seattle, and Johnny Cueto is Chicago’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 10th-best in MLB action with 157 total home runs.
- The Mariners’ .230 batting average ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Mariners are 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .313.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 17 mark in the league.
- The Mariners average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (69 total in home outings).
- The Mariners have a .371 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.1 hits per game and is batting .221.
Mariners Key Batters
- Julio Rodriguez leads Seattle with 125 hits, batting .270 this season with 46 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Rodriguez’s batting average ranks 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 74th, and he is 25th in slugging.
- Rodriguez will look for his eighth straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last 10 games he is batting .279 with a double, three home runs, four walks and three RBI.
- Ty France has a slash line of .279/.346/.446 this season and a team-best OPS of .792.
- Among qualifying hitters, France ranks 32nd in batting average, 40th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Eugenio Suarez has collected 111 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .442 this season.
- J.P. Crawford has five home runs, 36 RBI and a batting average of .253 this season.
- Crawford has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .176 with five walks and three RBI.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox’s 119 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The White Sox lead baseball with a .260 batting average.
- The White Sox have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 65 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 53 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- In 65 road games this season, they’re slugging .389 with 180 hits going for extra bases.
- In 65 road games this season, they have a batting average of .264 while averaging 9.4 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has racked up 158 hits with a .383 on-base percentage and a .452 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the White Sox.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Abreu’s batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage is eighth, and he is 41st in slugging.
- Abreu hopes to build on a nine-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .300 with two doubles, three walks and four RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 25 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .284.
- Vaughn is 26th in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Luis Robert has 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks while hitting .296.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .248 with 28 doubles, 11 home runs and 33 walks.
Mariners vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers