Table of Contents
Bryce Young and the Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) will visit Ja’Tavion Sanders and the Texas Longhorns (1-0) on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, in a matchup featuring two of the biggest stars in college football on offense.
The Longhorns are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +20.5) versus the Crimson Tide (with an over/under of 65.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Alabama vs. Texas
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Austin, Texas
- Stadium: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama won eight games against the spread last season, failing to cover seven times.
- Alabama covered the spread three times last season (3-4 ATS) when playing as at least 20.5-point favorites.
- Alabama games hit the over six out of 15 times last season.
Alabama Stats & Insights
- Alabama put up 8.8 more points per game (39.9) than Texas surrendered (31.1) last year.
- When Alabama put up more than 31.1 points last season, it went 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Texas had a 5-4 record against the spread and a 5-4 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score less than 39.9 points last year.
- Alabama racked up 61.1 more yards per game (487.7) than Texas allowed per outing (426.6) last year.
- In games that Alabama totaled over 426.6 yards last year, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- In games Texas kept its opponents to less than 487.7 yards last season, it had a 4-6 record ATS and a 4-6 record overall.
- Last year Alabama averaged 150.0 yards per game on the ground, 49.9 fewer than Texas allowed per outing (199.9).
- Last season Alabama had a 4-0 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record in games the team ran for more than 199.9 yards.
- Texas was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 150.0 rushing yards last year.
- Last year Alabama had 13 turnovers, one fewer than Texas had takeaways (14).
Alabama’s Best Players
- Young put up a passing stat line last season of 4,865 yards with a 67% completion rate (367-for-548), 47 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and an average of 324.3 yards per game.
- Brian Robinson Jr. picked up 1,334 rushing yards (88.9 per game) and 14 touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 36 catches for 296 yards and two scores.
- Trey Sanders collected 320 rushing yards on 73 carries and two touchdowns last season.
- Jameson Williams collected 79 receptions for 1,572 yards and 15 touchdowns last year. He was targeted 119 times, and averaged 104.8 yards per game.
- John Metchie tacked on 1,135 yards on 96 grabs with eight touchdowns. He was targeted 130 times, and averaged 75.7 receiving yards per game.
- Cameron Latu hauled in 26 passes for 410 yards and eight touchdowns, putting up 27.3 yards per game last year.
- Will Anderson Jr.’s hard work last season produced a stat line of 17.0 sacks, 27.0 TFL and 96 tackles.
- Last season Henry To’o To’o grabbed 98 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- DeMarcco Hellams intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 76 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Texas Betting Insights
- Texas compiled a 5-7-0 record against the spread last season.
- Texas and its opponent combined to go over the point total five out of 12 times last year.
Texas Stats & Insights
- Texas scored 35.3 points per game last year, 15.2 more than Alabama allowed (20.1).
- Texas was 5-6 against the spread and 5-6 overall last year when the team notched over 20.1 points.
- Alabama had a 6-5 record against the spread and an 11-0 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 35.3 points last year.
- Texas averaged 121.5 more yards per game (424.7) than Alabama allowed per contest (303.2) last season.
- In games that Texas amassed more than 303.2 yards last season, the team was 5-5 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- In games Alabama held its opponents to fewer than 424.7 yards last year, it had a 7-5 record ATS and a 10-2 record overall.
- Last season Texas ran for 113.2 more yards per game (199.3) than Alabama allowed per outing (86.1).
- Last season Texas had a 5-7 ATS record and a 5-7 overall record in games the team ran for more than 86.1 yards.
- Last season, Alabama was 8-6 against the spread and 12-2 overall when holding opponents to less than 199.3 rushing yards.
- Last season Texas had 18 turnovers, three fewer than Alabama had takeaways (21).
Texas’ Best Players
- Casey Thompson averaged 176.1 yards passing per contest and threw for 24 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on 13.1 yards on the ground per game with four rushing touchdowns.
- Bijan Robinson averaged 93.9 rushing yards per game and accumulated 11 rushing touchdowns last year. Bijan Robinson complemented his performance on the ground with 2.2 receptions per game to average 24.6 receiving yards.
- Roschon Johnson ran for five touchdowns on 569 yards a year ago.
- Xavier Worthy averaged 83.2 receiving yards and collected 12 receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Jordan Whittington averaged 31.4 receiving yards on 3.2 targets per game in 2021, scoring three touchdowns.
- Ovie Oghoufo proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 2.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 39 tackles.
- DeMarvion Overshown had an impactful defensive performance last season with 70 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- A year ago B.J. Foster tallied 40 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended as well as three interceptions.