Table of Contents
Drake Maye will lead the North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0) into their game versus the Georgia State Panthers (0-1) at Center Parc Stadium on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Tar Heels are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7.5) versus the Panthers. The over/under for this game is 64.5 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for North Carolina vs. Georgia State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Center Parc Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
North Carolina Betting Insights
- North Carolina compiled a 5-8-0 record against the spread last season.
- North Carolina was favored by 7.5 points or more eight times last season, and covered the spread in three of those contests.
- North Carolina games went over the point total eight out of 13 times last season.
North Carolina Stats & Insights
- Last year, North Carolina put up 8.1 more points per game (35.2) than Georgia State gave up (27.1).
- North Carolina was 5-3 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games when it recorded over 27.1 points last season.
- When Georgia State limited opponents to less than 35.2 points last season, it had a 7-1 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall.
- North Carolina racked up 468.4 yards per game last year, 65.6 more yards than the 402.8 Georgia State allowed per contest.
- North Carolina was 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall when the team churned out over 402.8 yards last season.
- Georgia State had an 8-2 record ATS and a 7-3 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 468.4 yards last season.
- North Carolina rushed for 212.7 yards per game last season, 71.3 more than the 141.4 Georgia State allowed per outing.
- When North Carolina ran for more than 141.4 yards last season, it compiled a 4-5 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record.
- Last year, Georgia State was 9-3 against the spread and 8-4 overall when holding opponents to less than 212.7 rushing yards.
- North Carolina had 14 giveaways last season, while Georgia State had 21 takeaways.
North Carolina’s Best Players
- Last year Sam Howell recorded 3,056 passing yards — including a 62.5% completion percentage — with 24 touchdowns and nine interceptions (235.1 yards per game). His rushing performance consisted of 183 carries for 828 yards and 11 TDs.
- Last season, Ty Chandler rushed for 1,092 yards on 182 carries (84 yards per game) and scored 13 times. Chandler also collected 15 catches for 216 yards and one score.
- Josh Downs collected 101 receptions for 1,335 yards and eight touchdowns last year. He was targeted 145 times, and averaged 102.7 yards per game.
- Antoine Green produced last season, catching 31 passes for 612 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 47.1 receiving yards per game.
- Emery Simmons grabbed 11 passes for 243 yards and one touchdown, putting up 22.1 yards per game last year.
- Last season Tomon Fox stacked up nine sacks, nine TFL and 30 tackles.
- Last season Cedric Gray tallied 83 tackles, five TFL, 2.5 sacks, and two interceptions.
- Cam’Ron Kelly collected four interceptions while adding 55 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended last year.
Georgia State Betting Insights
- Georgia State won nine games against the spread last season, failing to cover four times.
- Georgia State was an underdog by 7.5 points or more five times last season, and covered the spread in three of those contests.
- Georgia State and its opponent combined to hit the over seven out of 13 times last year.
Georgia State Stats & Insights
- Georgia State racked up 28.2 points per game last season, 3.9 fewer than North Carolina gave up (32.1).
- When Georgia State put up over 32.1 points last year, it was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- When North Carolina allowed less than 28.2 points last season, it had a 2-2 record against the spread and a 3-1 record overall.
- Georgia State collected 389.4 yards per game last season, 28.8 fewer yards than the 418.2 North Carolina allowed per contest.
- Georgia State was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when the team churned out more than 418.2 yards last year.
- North Carolina had a 3-3 record ATS and a 3-3 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 389.4 yards last season.
- Georgia State rushed for 227.8 yards per game last season, 47.6 more than the 180.2 North Carolina allowed per outing.
- When Georgia State rushed for over 180.2 yards last year it compiled a 7-2 ATS record and a 6-3 overall record.
- North Carolina was 5-4 against the spread and 6-3 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 227.8 rushing yards last year.
- Last year Georgia State turned the ball over 15 times, while North Carolina forced 15 turnovers.
Georgia State’s Best Players
- Darren Grainger averaged 131.9 passing yards per contest and tossed 19 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added 51.9 yards on the ground per game with three rushing touchdowns.
- Tucker Gregg racked up nine rushing touchdowns on 73.3 yards per game last season.
- Jamyest Williams ran for nine touchdowns on 859 yards a year ago.
- Jamari Thrash averaged 32.1 receiving yards and racked up two receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Roger Carter caught 20 passes last season on his way to 323 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Sam Pinckney caught 26 passes on his way to 293 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
- Last year Blake Carroll put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 5.5 sacks, and added seven TFL, 66 tackles, and one interception.
- Jordan Veneziale had an impressive defensive performance last season with 68 tackles, six TFL, and four sacks.
- A year ago Antavious Lane recorded 56 tackles, one TFL, and five passes defended as well as five interceptions.