Table of Contents
Before placing any wagers on Jaylen Waddle’s player prop bets for Sunday’s game, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on CBS, here are some key stats and trends to know. Waddle’s Miami Dolphins (0-0) and the New England Patriots (0-0) face off in a Week 1 matchup from Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
Jaylen Waddle Player Props vs. New England
- Matchup: Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: September 11, 2022
- Receiving Yards Prop: Over 57.5 (-115)
Jaylen Waddle Receiving Stats
- Waddle caught 104 passes on his way to 1,015 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
- This week Waddle will face what was the NFL’s second-ranked pass defense last season (187.1 yards allowed per game).
- The Patriots allowed 21 touchdowns through the air (1.2 per game) last year. They were fourth in the league in that category.
- The Patriots were second in the league in interceptions last season, with 23.
Against New England
- In his two matchups against the Patriots, Waddle’s 44 receiving yards average is 13.5 less than his over/under for Sunday’s game (57.5).
- Waddle, in two games against them, has surpassed 57.5 receiving yards once.
- Waddle has caught a touchdown pass in every matchup versus the Patriots, but did not have multiple TDs in any of those games.
Last Season Stats: Dolphins vs. Patriots
- The Dolphins put up just 2.3 more points per game (20.1) than the Patriots gave up (17.8) last year.
- The Dolphins averaged just 3.4 fewer yards per game (307.4) than the Patriots allowed per contest (310.8) last year.
- Last year the Dolphins ran for 28.1 more yards per game (215.2) than the Patriots allowed per contest (187.1).
- The Dolphins rushed for 92.2 yards per game last season, 31.5 fewer than the 123.7 the Patriots allowed per outing.
- The Dolphins turned the ball over 26 times last season, four fewer than the Patriots forced turnovers (30).