Table of Contents
The New York Yankees (83-54) will try to sweep the Minnesota Twins (68-67) on Thursday at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees lead 3-0, and are favored (-141) against the underdog Twins (+121) in the matchup, which begins at 7:05 PM ET. Nestor Cortes takes the mound first for New York, and Sonny Gray is Minnesota’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Twins
- Game Day: Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 213 home runs in total.
- The Yankees’ .237 batting average ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Yankees rank fifth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .321.
- The Yankees’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 16th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.7 homers per home game this season (115 total at home).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .434 at home.
- The club is batting .234 with 515 hits (7.6 per game) at home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York with 147 hits and an OBP of .407, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .683.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, Judge is 13th in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- DJ LeMahieu is batting .262 with 18 doubles, 12 home runs and 65 walks.
- LeMahieu ranks 61st in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 114th in slugging among qualified batters.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .239 with a .420 slugging percentage and 53 RBI this year.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has three home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .267 this season.
- Kiner-Falefa has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a double, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 157 home runs rank 12th in Major League Baseball.
- The Twins’ .248 batting average ranks 12th in the league this season.
- The Twins have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Twins rank 11th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 66 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .402 in away games this season with 196 extra-base hits.
- In 66 road games this season, they have a batting average of .244 while averaging 8.4 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has put up an on-base percentage of .377 and a slugging percentage of .423. Both lead the Twins.
- Including all qualified hitters, Arraez is fifth in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 10th and he is 66th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with a double and a walk.
- Carlos Correa’s 114 hits pace his team.
- Correa ranks 42nd in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Max Kepler is batting .231 with 18 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 49 walks.
- Gio Urshela is batting .262 with 23 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 30 walks.
Yankees vs. Twins Probable Pitchers