Table of Contents
The Penn State Nittany Lions will visit the Purdue Boilermakers on Thursday at 8:00 PM ET.
The Nittany Lions are the favorites (-3.5) in their matchup versus the Boilermakers, with the over/under at 53.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Nittany Lions are -177 and the Boilermakers are +142.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Penn State vs. Purdue
- Game Day: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Penn State Betting Insights
- Penn State put together a 7-6-0 ATS record last year.
- Penn State had an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total three times in Penn State games.
Penn State Stats & Insights
- Penn State scored just 2.6 more points per game (25.0) than Purdue surrendered (22.4) last year.
- Penn State was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall in games when it scored more than 22.4 points last season.
- Purdue had a 6-2 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it surrendered less than 25.0 points last season.
- Penn State racked up only 10.7 more yards per game (377.2) than Purdue allowed per outing (366.5) last season.
- When Penn State amassed more than 366.5 yards last season, the team was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- When Purdue held its opponents to fewer than 377.2 yards last year, it had a 5-4 record ATS and a 6-3 record overall.
- Last season Penn State piled up 108.6 rushing yards per game, 49.2 fewer than Purdue allowed per outing (157.8).
- Last year Penn State had a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record in games the team rushed for over 157.8 yards.
- Purdue was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when holding opponents to less than 108.6 rushing yards last year.
- Last season Penn State had 15 turnovers, two fewer than Purdue had takeaways (17).
Penn State’s Best Players
- Sean Clifford’s previous season stat line: 3,107 passing yards (239.0 per game), 261-for-428 (61%), 21 touchdowns and eight picks. He also ran for 172 yards on 97 carries with two rushing TDs.
- Last year, Keyvone Lee ran for 536 yards on 109 carries (41.2 yards per game) and scored two times.
- Noah Cain put up 350 rushing yards on 106 carries and four touchdowns last season.
- In the previous year, Jahan Dotson grabbed 91 passes (on 145 targets) for 1,182 yards (90.9 per game). He also found the end zone 12 times.
- Parker Washington produced last season, grabbing 64 passes for 820 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 63.1 receiving yards per game.
- KeAndre Lambert-Smith reeled in 34 passes on 65 targets for 521 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 40.1 receiving yards per game.
- Arnold Ebiketie’s hard work last season put together a stat line of 9.5 sacks, 12.0 TFL and 59 tackles.
- Ellis Brooks went to work last year, collecting 95 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Ji’Ayir Brown collected six interceptions while adding 66 tackles and seven passes defended last year.
Purdue Betting Insights
- Purdue put together an 8-5-0 ATS record last year.
- When playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs last season, Purdue had an ATS record of 3-3.
- Purdue and its opponent combined to go over the point total five out of 13 times last season.
Purdue Stats & Insights
- Purdue scored 11.8 more points per game (29.1) than Penn State gave up (17.3) last year.
- Purdue was 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall in games when it scored more than 17.3 points last season.
- When Penn State limited opponents to fewer than 29.1 points last season, it had a 6-4 record against the spread and a 7-3 record overall.
- Purdue averaged 439.5 yards per game last year, 87.3 more yards than the 352.2 Penn State allowed per outing.
- Purdue was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when the team piled up more than 352.2 yards last year.
- Penn State had a 6-4 record ATS and a 7-3 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 439.5 yards last season.
- Last year Purdue ran for 68.8 fewer yards per game (84.2) than Penn State allowed per contest (153.0).
- When Purdue rushed for more than 153.0 yards last year it compiled a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record.
- When Penn State held its opponents to fewer than 84.2 rushing yards last season, it was 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall.
- Purdue turned the ball over 18 times last season, three fewer times than Penn State forced turnovers (21).
Purdue’s Best Players
- Aidan O’Connell threw for 3,711 yards and 28 touchdowns last season.
- King Doerue compiled 533 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Zander Horvath rushed for 320 yards. He also scored three total touchdowns.
- David Bell averaged 98.9 yards on 7.2 receptions per game and compiled six receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- Milton Wright grabbed seven touchdowns and had 732 receiving yards (56.3 ypg) in 2021.
- Jackson Anthrop averaged 43.8 receiving yards per game on 5.5 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Kydran Jenkins put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 5.0 sacks, and added 6.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Jaylan Alexander put together an excellent stat line last year, collecting 98 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Cam Allen came up with four interceptions in addition to 57 tackles and four passes defended a year ago.