Table of Contents
The Syracuse Orange (1-0) visit the UConn Huskies (1-1) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET, in a battle featuring two of the top offensive players in college football in wide receiver Sean Tucker and running back Nathan Carter.
The Orange are expected to win by at least two TDs (currently -22.5) against the Huskies. The over/under for this game is 49 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for Syracuse vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Syracuse Betting Insights
- Syracuse went 8-4-0 ATS last season.
- Syracuse games went over the point total five out of 12 times last season.
Syracuse Stats & Insights
- Last year, Syracuse racked up 13.6 fewer points per game (24.9) than UConn allowed (38.5).
- Syracuse was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall in games when it recorded over 38.5 points last year.
- UConn had a 2-0 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall in games when it surrendered fewer than 24.9 points last season.
- Syracuse racked up 366.5 yards per game last year, 85.3 fewer yards than the 451.8 UConn gave up per matchup.
- Syracuse was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall when the team piled up more than 451.8 yards last year.
- When UConn kept its opponents to less than 366.5 yards last year, it had a 2-1 record ATS and a 1-2 record overall.
- Syracuse rushed for 213.5 yards per game last season, 18.2 more than the 195.3 UConn allowed per outing.
- Syracuse had a 7-0 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record when the team rushed for more than 195.3 yards last year.
- When UConn limited its opponents to fewer than 213.5 rushing yards last season, it was 5-3 against the spread and 1-7 overall.
- Syracuse had 12 giveaways last season, while UConn had 14 takeaways.
Syracuse’s Best Players
- Last year Garrett Shrader put up 1,445 passing yards — including a 52.6% completion percentage — with nine touchdowns and four interceptions (120.4 yards per game). His rushing performance consisted of 173 carries for 781 yards and 14 TDs.
- Tucker took 246 rushing attempts for 1,496 yards (124.7 per game) and scored 12 touchdowns last season. When it comes to receiving, he caught 20 passes for 255 yards (21.3 per game) and two TDs.
- Courtney Jackson reeled in 37 catches for 389 yards (32.4 per game) while being targeted 52 times. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Damien Alford reeled in 13 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 20.8 yards per game last season.
- Cody Roscoe did his thing last season with an incredible stat line of 8.5 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 43 tackles.
- Last season Mikel Jones grabbed 83 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Last season Darian Chestnut had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn covered six times in 12 games with a spread last season.
- UConn was 4-3 ATS last season when playing as at least 22.5-point underdogs.
- Last season, six UConn games hit the over.
UConn Stats & Insights
- UConn averaged 15.6 points per game last year, 10.7 fewer than Syracuse gave up (26.3).
- UConn was 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall in games when it put up more than 26.3 points last year.
- When Syracuse gave up less than 15.6 points last season, it had a 2-0 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall.
- UConn collected 265.2 yards per game last season, 65.2 fewer yards than the 330.4 Syracuse allowed per outing.
- In games Syracuse held its opponents to fewer than 265.2 yards last year, it had a 2-1 record ATS and a 2-1 record overall.
- UConn rushed for 101.3 yards per game last year, 24.9 fewer than the 126.2 Syracuse allowed per contest.
- Last season UConn had a 1-2 ATS record and a 0-3 overall record in games the team ran for more than 126.2 yards.
- Syracuse was 3-2 against the spread and 2-3 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 101.3 rushing yards last year.
- UConn turned the ball over 15 more times (22 total) than Syracuse forced turnovers (7) last year.
UConn’s Best Players
- Steven Krajewski threw for 1,217 yards and seven touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, tallying three touchdowns while racking up 173 yards.
- Carter averaged 48.2 rushing yards and accumulated two rushing touchdowns.
- Kevin Mensah rushed for 314 yards last season.
- Keelan Marion was targeted 5.6 times per game and piled up 474 receiving yards and five touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- Jay Rose caught 27 passes last season on his way to 283 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Kevens Clercius worked his way to three receiving touchdowns and 260 receiving yards (21.7 ypg) last season.
- Travis Jones proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 4.5 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell was a force on the field last season with 82 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- A year ago Tre Wortham tallied 28 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and two passes defended as well as two interceptions.