Table of Contents
The Liberty Flames (1-0) will host the UAB Blazers (1-0) on Saturday at 6:00 PM ET.
The Blazers are the favorites (-6.5) in their matchup against the Flames, with the over/under at 50.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Blazers are -253 and the Flames are +202.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for UAB vs. Liberty
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Lynchburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Williams Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UAB Betting Insights
- UAB won 10 games against the spread last season, failing to cover three times.
- UAB was 5-1 ATS last season when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total six times in UAB games.
UAB Stats & Insights
- UAB averaged 29.5 points per game last season, 8.0 more than Liberty surrendered per matchup (21.5).
- UAB was 8-1 against the spread and 7-2 overall in games when it recorded more than 21.5 points last season.
- When Liberty allowed less than 29.5 points last season, it had a 6-3 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall.
- UAB racked up 386.5 yards per game last season, 66.3 more yards than the 320.2 Liberty allowed per outing.
- UAB was 8-2 against the spread and 7-3 overall when the team amassed more than 320.2 yards last year.
- Liberty had a 7-4 record ATS and a 7-4 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 386.5 yards last year.
- Last year UAB averaged 180.2 rushing yards per game, 40.3 more than Liberty allowed per contest (139.9).
- When UAB ran for more than 139.9 yards last year, it compiled a 7-1 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record.
- Liberty was 6-3 against the spread and 6-3 overall when holding opponents to less than 180.2 rushing yards last season.
- UAB turned the ball over six more times (17 total) than Liberty forced a turnover (11) last season.
UAB’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins’ previous season stat line: 2,274 passing yards (174.9 per game), 155-for-235 (66%), 18 touchdowns and seven picks.
- Last year Dewayne McBride took 205 carries for 1,368 yards (105.2 per game) and scored 13 touchdowns.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. put up 631 yards on 123 carries (48.5 yards per game), with seven rushing touchdowns last season. He was also successful in the air, catching 23 passes for 200 yards (15.4 per game).
- Trea Shropshire reeled in 27 catches for 703 yards (54.1 per game) while being targeted 50 times. He also scored seven touchdowns.
- Gerrit Prince tacked on 699 yards on 36 grabs with 10 touchdowns. He was targeted 56 times, and averaged 53.8 receiving yards per game.
- Rajae’ Johnson-Sanders grabbed 23 passes on 38 targets for 394 yards and one touchdown, compiling 32.8 receiving yards per game.
- Alex Wright did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 6.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Noah Wilder was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 65 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception last year.
- Grayson Cash collected three interceptions while adding 18 tackles and four passes defended last year.
Liberty Betting Insights
- Liberty compiled a 7-6-0 record against the spread last year.
- Liberty was an underdog by 6.5 points or more last year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- In Liberty games last season, combined scoring went over the point total five times.
Liberty Stats & Insights
- Liberty scored 33.6 points per game last year, 10.4 more than UAB surrendered (23.2).
- Liberty was 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall last season when the team put up over 23.2 points.
- Last year UAB had a 7-1 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it held opponents to less than 33.6 points.
- Liberty averaged 436.2 yards per game last season, 106.6 more yards than the 329.6 UAB allowed per matchup.
- When Liberty totaled more than 329.6 yards last year, the team was 6-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- UAB had a 10-1 record ATS and a 9-2 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 436.2 yards last season.
- Liberty rushed for 181.2 yards per game last year, 68.7 more than the 112.5 UAB allowed per contest.
- Last year Liberty had a 6-3 ATS record and a 6-3 overall record in games the team rushed for over 112.5 yards.
- UAB was 9-2 against the spread and 8-3 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 181.2 rushing yards last year.
- Liberty turned the ball over 21 times last season, one more turnover than UAB forced (20).
Liberty’s Best Players
- Malik Willis passed for 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while throwing for 2,857 yards by the end of last season (219.8 ypg). He also scored 13 touchdowns on 67.5 rushing yards per game.
- Last season T.J. Green rushed for 477 yards. He also scored four total touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas averaged 54.3 yards on four receptions per game and racked up six receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- CJ Daniels averaged 48.4 receiving yards on 4.9 targets per game in 2021, scoring seven touchdowns.
- Kevin Shaa grabbed 28 passes on his way to 516 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
- Storey Jackson proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 7.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL, 72 tackles, and one interception.
- Last year Duron Lowe intercepted two passes to go along with 19 tackles and two passes defended.