Table of Contents
Alex Call leads the Washington Nationals (49-89) into a contest with the Philadelphia Phillies (75-62) following his four-hit showing in an 11-6 win over the Cardinals. The Phillies are favorites (-224) in this game against the underdog Nationals (+182), which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. Noah Syndergaard starts for Philadelphia, and Patrick Corbin is Washington’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Friday, September 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.2 home runs per game to rank seventh in baseball with 170 total home runs.
- The Phillies rank ninth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Phillies are 13th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 14th in the league.
- The Phillies average 1.3 homers per home game this season (91 total at home).
- The Phillies are slugging .433 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The team is batting .256 with 609 hits (8.5 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins leads Philadelphia in OBP (.342) this season, fueled by 128 hits.
- Hoskins ranks 76th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage, and 31st in slugging among all qualified hitters in baseball.
- Hoskins will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two doubles and a walk.
- Kyle Schwarber has 104 hits, which ranks first among Philadelphia batters this season. He’s batting .211 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Schwarber ranks 135th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging in the major leagues.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 112 base hits, an OBP of .337 and a slugging percentage of .450 this season.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .408, fueled by 34 extra-base hits.
- Bohm has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 117 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals’ .252 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking 10th in MLB.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in the league.
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the third-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 69 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .381 in away games this season with 172 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .260 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Cesar Hernandez has a .327 slugging percentage, which leads the Nationals.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Hernandez’s batting average is 76th, his on-base percentage ranks 96th, and he is 134th in slugging.
- Hernandez hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with a double, a triple, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Nelson Cruz has 16 doubles, 10 home runs and 49 walks while batting .238.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Cruz is 106th in batting average, 90th in on-base percentage and 130th in slugging percentage.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .251 with 22 doubles, seven home runs and 30 walks.
- Lane Thomas has 22 doubles, a triple, 15 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .246.
Phillies vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers