Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs (58-81) and the San Francisco Giants (66-73) play on Sunday at 8:08 PM ET with the series tied 1-1. The Cubs are favored (-120) to win the rubber match against the Giants (+100). Wade Miley gets the starting nod for Chicago, and John Brebbia is San Francisco’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Giants
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 8:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs are 17th in MLB play with 139 total home runs.
- The Cubs have the 17th-ranked batting average in the majors (.241).
- The Cubs’ .312 on-base percentage is 18th in the league.
- The Cubs strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 25th in baseball.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per home game this season (67 total at home).
- The Cubs are slugging .394 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .249 with 584 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in slugging percentage (.456) thanks to 56 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Happ’s batting average ranks 39th, his on-base percentage ranks 39th, and he is 40th in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner has 20 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks while batting .287.
- Hoerner’s batting average ranks 23rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 58th, and his slugging percentage 73rd.
- Hoerner brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is batting .444 with a double, two triples, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has 89 hits this season and has a slash line of .217/.311/.438.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .261 with a .332 OBP and 44 RBI for Chicago this season.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 158 home runs.
- The Giants have a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Giants have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- The Giants rank 26th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 70 road contests this season.
- In 70 road games this season, they’re slugging .381 with 200 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.6 base hits per game and batting .224 on the road this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has racked up an on-base percentage of .320 and has 107 hits, both team-best numbers for the Giants.
- Including all qualified hitters, Flores ranks 109th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 87th and he is 81st in slugging.
- Thairo Estrada is slugging .398 to pace his team.
- Estrada is 68th in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Joc Pederson has 18 doubles, 22 home runs and 35 walks while batting .269.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .210 with 26 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 56 walks.
Cubs vs. Giants Probable Pitchers