Table of Contents
Garrett Cooper will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his Miami Marlins (57-81) play the New York Mets (88-52) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The Marlins are underdogs (+124) versus the Mets (-146). New York’s Taijuan Walker starts against Miami’s Jesus Luzardo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB play with 142 total home runs.
- The Mets are sixth in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Mets rank second in baseball with an on-base percentage of .329.
- Mets hitters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.1 homers per road game this season (77 total on the road).
- The Mets are slugging .421 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .262 on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (139) this season while batting .267 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Alonso’s batting average ranks 50th, his on-base percentage ranks 44th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Alonso hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has hit 22 homers this season while driving in 91 runs. He’s batting .268 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Lindor’s batting average places him 48th, his on-base percentage 44th, and his slugging percentage 54th.
- Lindor takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .266 with a .419 slugging percentage and 50 RBI this year.
- Nimmo has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has seven home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .318 this season.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 121 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an on-base percentage of .294 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Marlins rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 66 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .370 in 66 home games this season.
- In 66 home games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has put up an on-base percentage of .281 and has 96 hits, both team-high figures for the Marlins.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rojas is 113th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 130th and he is 132nd in slugging.
- Rojas hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Cooper paces his team with a .412 slugging percentage.
- Jon Berti has 15 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 34 walks while hitting .254.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .255 with 20 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks.
Mets vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers