Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (61-79) will look to Mike Trout, who is on a six-game home run streak, when they play the Cleveland Guardians (73-65). The Guardians are favored (-135) for this matchup against the Angels (+114), which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Monday at Progressive Field. Konnor Pilkington starts for Cleveland, and Reid Detmers is Los Angeles’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Angels
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 108 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in MLB action.
- The Guardians have the 11th-ranked batting average in the league (.250).
- The Guardians’ .312 on-base percentage is 18th in the league.
- The Guardians strike out the least in the league, averaging 6.9 per game.
- The Guardians have hit 37 homers at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .355 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages eight hits per game and is batting .245.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (144) this season while batting .281 with 70 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 29th, his on-base percentage ranks 28th, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Ramirez has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, four home runs and 55 walks.
- Kwan ranks 18th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Amed Rosario has hit nine homers with a team-high .392 SLG this season.
- Andres Gimenez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .369 this season while batting .299 with 29 walks and 53 runs scored.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .294.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- In 69 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 74 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .363 in 69 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .220 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has 134 hits with a .355 on-base percentage and a .539 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Angels.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Ohtani’s batting average is 54th, his on-base percentage ranks 26th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Trout is hitting .280 with 20 doubles, two triples, 34 home runs and 45 walks.
- Taylor Ward has 15 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 53 walks while batting .266.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .273 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 14 walks.
Guardians vs. Angels Probable Pitchers