Table of Contents
Zach McKinstry leads the Chicago Cubs (58-82) into a matchup with the New York Mets (89-52) a game after he picked up four hits in a 4-2 loss to the Giants. The Mets are moneyline favorites (-286) against the Cubs (+234) in this outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Monday. New York’s Chris Bassitt and Chicago’s Javier Assad will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Monday, September 12, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 16th in MLB action with 145 total home runs.
- The Mets are fifth in MLB with a .259 batting average.
- The Mets’ .330 on-base percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- The Mets strike out 7.5 times per game to rank fourth in the league.
- The Mets average 0.9 homers per home game this season (65 total at home).
- The Mets are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .396 in home contests.
- The team is batting .253 with 568 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (141) this season while batting .268 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Alonso’s batting average ranks 47th, his on-base percentage ranks 41st, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Alonso will look for his sixth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is batting .364 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .268 with 21 doubles, four triples, 22 home runs and 56 walks.
- Among all qualified batters, Lindor is 47th in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 55th in slugging percentage.
- Lindor heads into this game looking to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .268 with a .428 slugging percentage and 53 RBI this year.
- Nimmo takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a double, a home run, six walks and five RBI.
- Jeff McNeil is slashing .322/.371/.452 this season and leads the Mets with an OPS of .823.
- McNeil enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .421 with a double, two walks and six RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 140 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs’ .242 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 24th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 72 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 68 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .386 in 68 road games this season.
- In 68 road games this season, they have a batting average of .232 while averaging 8.0 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Hoerner’s batting average is 18th, his on-base percentage is 54th, and he is 72nd in slugging.
- Hoerner takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Ian Happ is slugging .453 to lead his team.
- Happ is currently 41st in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Patrick Wisdom is hitting .215 with 25 doubles, 22 home runs and 51 walks.
- Seiya Suzuki is hitting .260 with 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 37 walks.
Mets vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers