Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Angels (61-80) are looking for another strong showing from a hitter when they square off against the Cleveland Guardians (74-65) on Tuesday at 6:10 PM ET at Progressive Field. Mike Trout is currently on a seven-game home run streak for the underdog Angels (+115) in the matchup with the favored Guardians (-136). Cody Morris starts for Cleveland while Los Angeles will counter with Jose Suarez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Angels
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians are second-worst in MLB action with 108 home runs.
- The Guardians are 11th in MLB with a .250 batting average.
- The Guardians are 17th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .313.
- The Guardians strike out the least in the league, averaging 6.9 per game.
- The Guardians have hit 37 home runs at home this season (0.6 per game).
- The Guardians have a .355 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .245.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland with 144 hits, batting .280 this season with 70 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Ramirez is 30th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Steven Kwan has 138 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .369.
- Kwan ranks 17th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and 111th in slugging in MLB.
- Kwan has picked up a hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Amed Rosario has hit nine homers with a team-high .396 SLG this season.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .297 with a .368 OBP and 62 RBI for Cleveland this season.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels have hit 168 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Angels are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .294.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 76 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 70 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .363 in away games this season with 178 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .219 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has a team-high OBP (.356) and slugging percentage (.538), and paces the Angels in hits (135).
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average puts him 52nd, his on-base percentage ranks 25th, and he is eighth in slugging.
- Ohtani brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Trout is hitting .279 with 20 doubles, two triples, 35 home runs and 45 walks.
- Taylor Ward is batting .265 with 15 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 56 walks.
- Luis Rengifo is hitting .271 with 21 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 14 walks.
Guardians vs. Angels Probable Pitchers