Table of Contents
Star wide receiver Grant Dubose and the Charlotte 49ers (0-3) meet the Georgia State Panthers (0-2) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET at Center Parc Stadium.
The Panthers are very big favorites (currently -19) in their game against the 49ers, with the over/under at 61 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Panthers are -1150 and the 49ers are +671.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Georgia State vs. Charlotte
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Center Parc Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Georgia State Betting Insights
- Georgia State compiled a 9-4-0 record against the spread last season.
- Georgia State games went over the point total seven out of 13 times last season.
Georgia State Stats & Insights
- Last year, Georgia State averaged 5.8 fewer points per game (28.2) than Charlotte gave up (34.0).
- Georgia State was 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last season when the team put up over 34.0 points.
- Last year Charlotte had a 4-1 record against the spread and a 3-2 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 28.2 points.
- Georgia State averaged 389.4 yards per game last season, 75.8 fewer yards than the 465.2 Charlotte allowed per outing.
- Georgia State was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall when the team churned out over 465.2 yards last year.
- Last year Georgia State ran for 23.5 more yards per game (227.8) than Charlotte allowed per contest (204.3).
- Last season Georgia State had a 7-1 ATS record and a 6-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 204.3 yards.
- Last season, Charlotte was 3-4-1 against the spread and 4-4 overall when holding opponents to less than 227.8 rushing yards.
- Georgia State turned the ball over one more time (15 total) than Charlotte forced a turnover (14) last year.
Georgia State’s Best Players
- Last season Darren Grainger put up 1,715 passing yards (131.9 per game), a 59.6% completion percentage, 19 touchdowns, and four interceptions. He also added 675 rushing yards on 132 carries with three rushing TDs (averaging 51.9 rushing yards per game).
- Tucker Gregg racked up 953 rushing yards (73.3 per game) and nine touchdowns last season.
- Jamyest Williams collected 859 rushing yards on 128 carries and nine touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Jamari Thrash grabbed 31 passes (on 51 targets) for 417 yards (32.1 per game). He also found the end zone two times.
- Roger Carter also impressed receiving last season. He had 20 receptions for 323 yards and two touchdowns. He was targeted 28 times.
- Sam Pinckney grabbed 26 passes for 293 yards and one touchdown, putting up 22.5 yards per game last season.
- Blake Carroll did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 5.5 sacks, 7.0 TFL, 66 tackles, and one interception.
- Last season Jordan Veneziale racked up 68 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Antavious Lane collected five interceptions while adding 56 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended last year.
Charlotte Betting Insights
- Charlotte put together a 5-6-1 ATS record last year.
- Charlotte did not cover the spread when an underdog by 19 points or more last season (in one opportunity).
- Charlotte and its opponent combined to hit the over six out of 12 times last season.
Charlotte Stats & Insights
- Last season Charlotte put up just 0.1 more points per game (27.2) than Georgia State surrendered (27.1).
- Charlotte was 4-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall in games when it recorded more than 27.1 points last season.
- Last year Georgia State had a 6-1 record against the spread and a 6-1 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 27.2 points.
- Charlotte racked up only 0.5 more yards per game (403.3) than Georgia State gave up per contest (402.8) last year.
- Charlotte was 2-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team picked up more than 402.8 yards last year.
- When Georgia State kept its opponents to fewer than 403.3 yards last year, it had a 5-2 record ATS and a 6-1 record overall.
- Last year Charlotte averaged 150.5 yards per game on the ground, just 9.1 more yards than Georgia State allowed per contest (141.4).
- When Charlotte rushed for more than 141.4 yards last year it compiled a 3-2 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record.
- Last year, Georgia State was 6-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 150.5 yards on the ground.
- Last season Charlotte had 20 turnovers, one fewer than Georgia State had takeaways (21).
Charlotte’s Best Players
- Chris Reynolds completed 63.8% of his passes and threw for 2,684 yards and 26 touchdowns last season. Reynolds also helped with his legs, accumulating four touchdowns on 13.7 yards per game.
- Calvin Camp tallied 638 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Shadrick Byrd ran for three touchdowns on 580 yards a year ago. Byrd also was effective as a receiver, totaling 20 receptions for 248 yards with two touchdowns.
- Dubose averaged 74.3 receiving yards and racked up six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Victor Tucker hauled in two touchdowns and had 639 receiving yards (53.3 ypg) in 2021.
- Elijah Spencer averaged 31.8 receiving yards per game on 4.2 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Markees Watts put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 6.0 sacks, and added 4.0 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Tyler Murray was a playmaker on defense last season with 60 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
- Jonathan Alexander came up with two interceptions in addition to 38 tackles and two passes defended a year ago.