Table of Contents
Deuce Vaughn will lead the Kansas State Wildcats (2-0) into their matchup against the Tulane Green Wave (2-0) at Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium on Saturday at 3:00 PM ET.
The Wildcats are very big favorites (currently -14.5) in their matchup versus the Green Wave, with the over/under at 48 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Wildcats are -833 and the Green Wave are +490.)
Game Info and Betting Lines for Kansas State vs. Tulane
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Manhattan, Kansas
- Stadium: Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kansas State Betting Insights
- Kansas State went 8-5-0 ATS last season.
- Kansas State covered the spread once when favored by 14.5 points or more last season (in two opportunities).
- Kansas State games hit the over six out of 13 times last season.
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- Last year, Kansas State scored 6.5 fewer points per game (27.5) than Tulane gave up (34.0).
- Kansas State was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall last season when the team scored more than 34.0 points.
- When Tulane limited opponents to fewer than 27.5 points last year, it had a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall.
- Kansas State collected 67.8 fewer yards per game (361.9) than Tulane allowed per contest (429.7) last season.
- In games Tulane kept its opponents to less than 361.9 yards last season, it had a 4-0 record ATS and a 2-2 record overall.
- Last season Kansas State piled up 163.2 rushing yards per game, just 4.8 more yards than Tulane allowed per contest (158.4).
- When Kansas State rushed for more than 158.4 yards last year, it compiled a 4-2 ATS record and a 5-1 overall record.
- Tulane was 5-1 against the spread and 2-4 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 163.2 rushing yards last season.
- Kansas State had 14 giveaways last season, while Tulane had 15 takeaways.
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Last year Skylar Thompson produced 2,103 passing yards (161.8 per game), a 69.5% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, and four interceptions.
- Vaughn took 235 carries for 1,392 yards (107.1 per game) and scored 18 touchdowns last season. When it comes to receiving, he caught 48 passes for 458 yards (35.2 per game) and four TDs.
- Will Howard churned out 184 yards on 32 carries (14.2 yards per game), with four rushing touchdowns last season.
- Phillip Brooks reeled in 43 catches for 533 yards (41.0 per game) while being targeted 62 times. He also scored two touchdowns.
- Malik Knowles grabbed 29 passes for 441 yards and four touchdowns, putting up 33.9 yards per game last season.
- Last season Felix Anudike amassed 11.0 sacks, 9.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Daniel Green went to work last year, collecting 67 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and three sacks.
- Last season Russ Yeast had a huge stat line of four interceptions, 34 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Tulane Betting Insights
- Tulane compiled a 5-6-0 record against the spread last year.
- Tulane was an underdog by 14.5 points or more once last season, and covered the spread.
- Last season, six Tulane games hit the over.
Tulane Stats & Insights
- Tulane put up 6.6 more points per game (27.6) than Kansas State surrendered (21.0) last season.
- When Tulane scored more than 21.0 points last year, it was 3-3 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- Last season Kansas State had a 6-3 record against the spread and a 7-2 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 27.6 points.
- Tulane collected 386.7 yards per game last season, 41.8 more yards than the 344.9 Kansas State allowed per contest.
- In games that Tulane amassed more than 344.9 yards last season, the team was 3-3 against the spread and 2-5 overall.
- When Kansas State kept its opponents to less than 386.7 yards last season, it had a 7-2 record ATS and an 8-1 record overall.
- Tulane rushed for 164.9 yards per game last season, 35.2 more than the 129.7 Kansas State allowed per outing.
- When Tulane rushed for over 129.7 yards last year it had a 5-3 ATS record and a 2-6 overall record.
- Last year, Kansas State was 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 164.9 rushing yards.
- Tulane turned the ball over eight more times (25 total) than Kansas State forced turnovers (17) last season.
Tulane’s Best Players
- Michael Pratt threw for an average of 198.4 yards passing per outing and threw for 21 touchdowns last season. In addition, he tacked on 12.8 yards on the ground per game with five rushing touchdowns.
- Tyjae Spears averaged 71.9 rushing yards per game and scored nine rushing touchdowns.
- Cameron Carroll ran for three touchdowns on 516 yards a year ago. Carroll also was productive as a receiver, totaling 17 receptions for 198 yards with three touchdowns.
- Tyrick James averaged 35.8 receiving yards and racked up four receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Shae Wyatt averaged 31.3 receiving yards on 4.4 targets per game in 2021, scoring three touchdowns.
- Jaetavian Toles averaged 28.2 receiving yards per game on 3.4 targets per game a season ago.
- Darius Hodges proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 5.0 sacks, 10.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Dorian Williams had an impactful defensive performance last season with 51 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Macon Clark hauled in four interceptions in addition to 49 tackles, 5.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended a year ago.