Table of Contents
One of the best running backs in college football will be on display when La’Damian Webb and the South Alabama Jaguars (2-0) visit the UCLA Bruins (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
The Bruins are expected to come out on top by at least two TDs (currently -15.5) versus the Jaguars. The over/under for this matchup is 59 points.
Game Info and Betting Lines for UCLA vs. South Alabama
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Pac-12 Network
- Location: Pasadena, California
- Stadium: Rose Bowl
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UCLA Betting Insights
- UCLA went 8-4-0 ATS last season.
- UCLA covered the spread when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites in three of three opportunities last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times in UCLA games.
UCLA Stats & Insights
- Last year, UCLA racked up 10.1 more points per game (36.5) than South Alabama allowed (26.4).
- When UCLA scored over 26.4 points last season, it went 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- When South Alabama allowed less than 36.5 points last season, it had a 5-5 record against the spread and a 5-5 record overall.
- UCLA racked up 86.4 more yards per game (441.5) than South Alabama gave up per matchup (355.1) last year.
- When UCLA amassed more than 355.1 yards last season, the team was 8-3 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- In games South Alabama kept its opponents to less than 441.5 yards last year, it had a 4-5 record ATS and a 5-4 record overall.
- Last year UCLA rushed for 68.7 more yards per game (215.3) than South Alabama allowed per outing (146.6).
- UCLA had an 8-1 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record when the team ran for over 146.6 yards last season.
- When South Alabama limited its opponents to less than 215.3 rushing yards last season, it was 3-5 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- UCLA had 13 giveaways last year, while South Alabama had 25 takeaways.
UCLA’s Best Players
- Dorian Thompson-Robinson had a passing stat line last season of 2,409 yards with a 62.2% completion rate (176-for-283), 21 touchdowns, six interceptions, and an average of 200.8 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 130 carries for 611 yards and nine TDs.
- Last year, Zach Charbonnet ran for 1,137 yards on 202 attempts (94.8 yards per game) and scored 13 times. Charbonnet also collected 24 catches for 197 yards.
- Brittain Brown collected 616 rushing yards on 102 carries and seven touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Kyle Philips grabbed 59 passes (on 99 targets) for 739 yards (61.6 per game). He also found the end zone 10 times.
- Greg Dulcich also impressed receiving last season. He collected 42 receptions for 725 yards and five touchdowns. He was targeted 68 times.
- Chase Cota hauled in 18 passes for 286 yards and one touchdown, putting up 23.8 yards per game last season.
- Last season Bo Calvert racked up 4.0 sacks, 7.0 TFL and 33 tackles.
- Last season Qwuantrezz Knight racked up 55 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Last season Quentin Lake had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 34 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
South Alabama Betting Insights
- South Alabama went 5-7-0 ATS last year.
- South Alabama did not cover the spread last year (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 15.5-point underdogs.
- South Alabama games went over the point total six out of 12 times last year.
South Alabama Stats & Insights
- South Alabama averaged 24.9 points per game last season, comparable to the 26.8 UCLA gave up.
- South Alabama was 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall in games when it recorded more than 26.8 points last season.
- UCLA had a 6-0 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it allowed opponents to score less than 24.9 points last year.
- South Alabama collected 369.5 yards per game last year, only 15.1 fewer than the 384.6 UCLA allowed per outing.
- When South Alabama amassed more than 384.6 yards last year, the team was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- UCLA had a 6-0 record ATS and a 6-0 record overall when holding its opponents to less than 369.5 yards last year.
- South Alabama rushed for 113.3 yards per game last year, 11.1 fewer than the 124.4 UCLA allowed per outing.
- When South Alabama ran for over 124.4 yards last year it had a 3-3 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record.
- Last year, UCLA was 5-0 against the spread and 5-0 overall when holding opponents to less than 113.3 rushing yards.
- South Alabama turned the ball over one more time (20 total) than UCLA forced turnovers (19) last year.
South Alabama’s Best Players
- Jake Bentley completed 70% of his passes to throw for 2,478 yards and 17 touchdowns last season.
- Terrion Avery averaged 43.0 rushing yards per game and scored one rushing touchdown.
- Last season Bryan Hill rushed for 341 yards. He also scored three total touchdowns.
- Jalen Tolbert averaged 122.7 receiving yards and grabbed eight receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Jalen Wayne grabbed two touchdowns and had 630 receiving yards (52.5 ypg) in 2021.
- Caullin Lacy grabbed 41 passes on his way to 291 receiving yards a season ago.
- Charles Coleman III proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 4.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- A.J. DeShazor put together an excellent stat line last year, tallying 32 tackles and one sack.
- A year ago Darrell Luter Jr. recorded 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended as well as four interceptions.