Table of Contents
Garrett Cooper will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Miami Marlins (58-83) square off against the Philadelphia Phillies (78-62) on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Marlins are favored (-133) over the Phillies (+112). Miami has Sandy Alcantara starting, while Philadelphia will counter with Bailey Falter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins are 24th in baseball with 123 total home runs.
- The Marlins have the fourth-worst batting average in the majors (.229).
- The Marlins’ .294 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in the league.
- The Marlins’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 24th in baseball.
- The Marlins average 0.8 homers per game when playing at home this season (57 total in home outings).
- The Marlins are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 7.6 hits per game and is batting .233.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has 97 hits and an OBP of .281, both of which rank first among Miami hitters this season.
- Rojas is 114th in batting average, 131st in on-base percentage, and 132nd in slugging among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Cooper leads Miami in slugging percentage (.408) thanks to 39 extra-base hits.
- Jon Berti is batting .254 with a .352 slugging percentage and 24 RBI this year.
- Berti has logged a hit or more in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
- Joey Wendle has three home runs, 31 RBI and a batting average of .260 this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies’ 178 home runs rank seventh in Major League Baseball.
- The Phillies’ .255 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking eighth in MLB.
- The Phillies have the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- The Phillies rank 13th in strikeouts per game (8.3) among MLB offenses.
- In 65 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 79 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .409 in away games this season with 193 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .251 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins is batting .252 with 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Hoskins is 75th in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Kyle Schwarber’s 108 hits lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Schwarber’s batting average puts him 130th, his on-base percentage is 102nd, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- J.T. Realmuto has put up an on-base percentage of .346, a team-high for the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm’s .413 slugging percentage paces his team.
Marlins vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers