Table of Contents
The New York Mets (89-53) will look for Eduardo Escobar to continue a 10-game hitting streak when they square off against the Chicago Cubs (59-82) on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET at Citi Field. The Mets are favored (-420) over the Cubs (+326). Jacob deGrom starts for New York while Chicago will counter with Adrian Sampson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets average 1.0 home run per game to rank 16th in MLB action with 146 total home runs .
- The Mets have the fifth-best batting average in the league (.259).
- The Mets rank second in baseball with a .330 on-base percentage.
- Mets batters strike out 7.5 times per game, the fourth-lowest average in the league.
- The Mets average 0.9 homers per home game this season (66 total at home).
- The Mets have a .396 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .253 with 576 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso leads New York in total hits (142) this season while batting .268 with 57 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters, Alonso ranks 49th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 46th, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Alonso has recorded at least one hit in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .250 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has hit 23 homers this season while driving in 92 runs. He’s batting .269 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Lindor is 46th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 50th in slugging percentage.
- Lindor enters this matchup looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has collected 137 base hits, an OBP of .354 and a slugging percentage of .424 this season.
- Jeff McNeil has a slash line of .321/.372/.450 this season and a team-best OPS of .822.
- McNeil has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .450 with a double, three walks and five RBI.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 142 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 23rd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 74 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 69 road contests this season.
- In 69 road games this season, they’re slugging .386 with 205 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.0 base hits per game and batting .232 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has a .451 slugging percentage, which paces the Cubs.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Happ ranks 43rd in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 44th in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner is currently 20th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Seiya Suzuki has 22 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 37 walks while hitting .263.
- Patrick Wisdom has 25 doubles, 22 home runs and 51 walks while batting .213.
Mets vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers