Table of Contents
The UAB Blazers (1-1) will host the Georgia Southern Eagles (2-0) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET.
The Eagles are expected to lose by double digits (currently +11.5) versus the Blazers (with an over/under of 54.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for UAB vs. Georgia Southern
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: STADIUM
- Location: Birmingham, Alabama
- Stadium: Protective Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UAB Betting Insights
- UAB won 10 games against the spread last season, failing to cover three times.
- UAB had an ATS record of 5-1 when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites last season.
- UAB games went over the point total six out of 13 times last season.
UAB Stats & Insights
- UAB racked up 29.5 points per game last year, comparable to the 31.4 per matchup Georgia Southern allowed.
- When UAB recorded over 31.4 points last year, it went 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Georgia Southern had a 3-3 record against the spread and a 1-5 record overall in games when it gave up less than 29.5 points last season.
- UAB collected 58.5 fewer yards per game (386.5) than Georgia Southern gave up per matchup (445.0) last year.
- In games that UAB amassed over 445.0 yards last year, the team was 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Georgia Southern had a 3-2 record ATS and a 1-4 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 386.5 yards last year.
- UAB rushed for 180.2 yards per game last season, 24.9 more than the 155.3 Georgia Southern allowed per contest.
- Last year UAB had a 6-1 ATS record and a 5-2 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 155.3 yards.
- Last season, Georgia Southern was 5-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 180.2 yards on the ground.
- Last season UAB turned the ball over 17 times, eight more than Georgia Southern’s takeaways (9).
UAB’s Best Players
- Last season Dylan Hopkins recorded 2,274 passing yards (174.9 per game), a 66% completion percentage, 18 touchdowns, and seven interceptions.
- Dewayne McBride racked up 1,368 rushing yards (105.2 per game) and 13 touchdowns last year.
- Jermaine Brown Jr. collected 631 rushing yards on 123 carries and seven touchdowns last season. He also made a mark receiving with 23 catches for 200 yards.
- Trea Shropshire picked up 27 receptions for 703 yards and seven touchdowns last year. He was targeted 50 times, and averaged 54.1 yards per game.
- Gerrit Prince tacked on 699 yards on 36 grabs with 10 touchdowns. He was targeted 56 times, and averaged 53.8 receiving yards per game.
- Rajae’ Johnson-Sanders grabbed 23 passes on 38 targets for 394 yards and one touchdown, averaging 32.8 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Alex Wright stacked up 6.0 sacks, 4.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Last season Noah Wilder tallied 65 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Grayson Cash intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 18 tackles and four passes defended.
Georgia Southern Betting Insights
- Georgia Southern covered six times in 12 games with a spread last year.
- Georgia Southern was an underdog by 11.5 points or more five times last year, and covered the spread in three of those contests.
- Georgia Southern and its opponent combined to go over the point total five out of 12 times last season.
Georgia Southern Stats & Insights
- Last season Georgia Southern racked up just 2.9 fewer points per game (20.3) than UAB allowed (23.2).
- When Georgia Southern recorded over 23.2 points last year, it was 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Last season UAB had a 5-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall in games when it held opponents to fewer than 20.3 points.
- Georgia Southern averaged 341.1 yards per game last season, just 11.5 more than the 329.6 UAB gave up per matchup.
- Georgia Southern was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall when the team totaled over 329.6 yards last year.
- UAB had a 6-0 record ATS and a 6-0 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 341.1 yards last season.
- Last year Georgia Southern averaged 194.0 yards per game on the ground, 81.5 more than UAB allowed per contest (112.5).
- Last year Georgia Southern had a 4-5 ATS record and a 3-6 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 112.5 yards.
- UAB was 9-2 against the spread and 8-3 overall when holding opponents to fewer than 194.0 rushing yards last season.
- Georgia Southern turned the ball over 17 times last season, three fewer times than UAB forced turnovers (20).
Georgia Southern’s Best Players
- Justin Tomlin threw for 977 yards and two touchdowns last season. He also chipped in on the ground, collecting two touchdowns while racking up 195 yards.
- Logan Wright compiled 788 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Gerald Green rushed for 423 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Khaleb Hood averaged 36.8 yards on 2.9 receptions per game in 2021.
- Amare Jones caught 25 passes last season on his way to 351 yards.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. averaged 25.9 receiving yards per game on 2.3 targets per game a season ago.
- C.J. Wright proved to be a strong defender last year, recording 5.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Anthony Wilson was a force on the field last season with 53 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Eldrick Robinson II collected two interceptions in addition to 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended a year ago.