Table of Contents
The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0) will host the Liberty Flames (2-0) on Saturday at 5:00 PM ET.
The Flames are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +16.5) versus the Demon Deacons (with an over/under of 63.5 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Wake Forest vs. Liberty
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 5:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Stadium: Truist Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wake Forest Betting Insights
- Wake Forest went 7-7-0 ATS last season.
- Wake Forest was favored by 16.5 points or more three times last season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total six times in Wake Forest games.
Wake Forest Stats & Insights
- Wake Forest put up 19.5 more points per game (41.0) than Liberty allowed (21.5) last season.
- When Wake Forest recorded over 21.5 points last season, it went 6-6 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- When Liberty allowed fewer than 41.0 points last year, it had a 6-5 record against the spread and a 7-4 record overall.
- Wake Forest collected 147.7 more yards per game (467.9) than Liberty allowed per matchup (320.2) last year.
- When Wake Forest amassed over 320.2 yards last season, the team was 6-6 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- In games Liberty limited its opponents to less than 467.9 yards last season, it had a 7-6 record ATS and an 8-5 record overall.
- Wake Forest rushed for 160.6 yards per game last season, 20.7 more than the 139.9 Liberty allowed per outing.
- Wake Forest had a 5-4 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record when the team rushed for over 139.9 yards last season.
- When Liberty held its opponents to fewer than 160.6 yards on the ground last year, it was 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- Wake Forest turned the ball over 20 times last season, nine more turnovers than Liberty forced (11).
Wake Forest’s Best Players
- Last season Sam Hartman had an impressive passing stat line with 4,222 passing yards (301.6 per game), a 59% completion percentage, 39 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. He also added 364 rushing yards on 117 carries with 11 rushing TDs (averaging 26.0 rushing yards per game).
- Christian Beal-Smith churned out 604 rushing yards (43.1 per game) and seven touchdowns last year.
- Justice Ellison ran for 541 yards on 107 carries (38.6 yards per game), with seven rushing touchdowns last year.
- In the previous season, A.T. Perry grabbed 72 passes (on 133 targets) for 1,293 yards (92.4 per game). He also found the end zone 15 times.
- Jaquarii Roberson produced last season, catching 71 passes for 1,078 yards and eight touchdowns. He collected 77.0 receiving yards per game.
- Taylor Morin hauled in 42 passes on 68 targets for 615 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 43.9 receiving yards per game.
- Luiji Vilain did his thing last season with an incredible stat line of 8.0 sacks, 7.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Luke Masterson was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 63 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks last year.
- Traveon Redd intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 53 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended.
Liberty Betting Insights
- Liberty won seven games against the spread last season, failing to cover six times.
- Liberty games went over the point total five out of 13 times last year.
Liberty Stats & Insights
- Last season Liberty put up 4.7 more points per game (33.6) than Wake Forest allowed (28.9).
- Liberty was 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall last season when the team recorded more than 28.9 points.
- When Wake Forest allowed less than 33.6 points last year, it had a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall.
- Liberty averaged 22.6 more yards per game (436.2) than Wake Forest allowed per matchup (413.6) last season.
- Liberty was 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when the team amassed over 413.6 yards last year.
- When Wake Forest held its opponents to less than 436.2 yards last year, it had a 4-3 record ATS and a 6-1 record overall.
- Liberty rushed for 181.2 yards per game last year, 14.6 fewer than the 195.8 Wake Forest allowed per contest.
- Liberty had a 3-2 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record when the team ran for more than 195.8 yards last year.
- Last season, Wake Forest was 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 181.2 yards on the ground.
- Liberty had 21 giveaways last year, while Wake Forest had 29 takeaways.
Liberty’s Best Players
- Malik Willis tossed 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions while accumulating 2,857 yards by the end of last season (219.8 ypg). He also scored 13 touchdowns on 67.5 rushing yards per game.
- Last season T.J. Green rushed for 477 yards. He also scored four total touchdowns.
- Demario Douglas averaged 54.3 yards on four receptions per game and compiled six receiving touchdowns in 2021.
- CJ Daniels caught 37 passes last season on his way to 629 yards and seven receiving touchdowns.
- Kevin Shaa hauled in 28 passes on his way to 516 receiving yards and six touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Storey Jackson collected 7.0 sacks, 8.0 TFL, 72 tackles, and one interception.
- Last year Skyler Thomas intercepted two passes to go along with 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.