Table of Contents
Bookmakers give the Cincinnati Reds (56-85) the edge, -162 on the moneyline, to halt their five-game losing streak when they square off against the Pittsburgh Pirates (54-88), at +138, on Wednesday at 12:35 PM ET. Cincinnati has Nick Lodolo starting, and Pittsburgh counters with Roansy Contreras.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 12:35 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 19th in MLB play with 140 total home runs.
- The Reds are 18th in the majors with a .240 batting average.
- The Reds are 22nd in the league with an on-base percentage of .308.
- The Reds strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 22 mark in baseball.
- The Reds average 1.2 homers per home game this season (82 total at home).
- The Reds have a .408 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .251 with 588 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has 118 hits and an OBP of .325 to go with a slugging percentage of .385. All three of those stats are tops among Cincinnati hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in the majors, Farmer’s batting average ranks 59th, his on-base percentage ranks 74th, and he is 111th in slugging.
- Jonathan India is batting .260 with 14 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 22 walks.
- Nick Senzel has 81 hits this season and has a slash line of .231/.297/.300.
- Jake Fraley is batting .245 with a .344 OBP and 23 RBI for Cincinnati this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates’ 143 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .288.
- The Pirates rank 29th in strikeouts per game (9.2) among MLB offenses.
- In 71 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 75 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- In 71 road games this season, they’re slugging .364 with 183 hits going for extra bases.
- In 71 road games this season, they have a batting average of .219 while averaging 7.3 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has 120 hits with a .336 on-base percentage and a .452 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Pirates.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds’ batting average ranks 71st, his on-base percentage ranks 59th, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .246 with 21 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 44 walks.
- Hayes’ batting average ranks 90th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 94th, and he is 126th in slugging.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .237 with 19 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks.
- Michael Chavis has 15 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 17 walks while batting .237.
Reds vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers