Table of Contents
Two of MLB’s most consistent hitters face off when the New York Yankees (86-56) and the Boston Red Sox (69-73) meet at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Fenway Park. Aaron Judge has a .310 batting average (seventh in MLB) for the favored Yankees (-124), while Xander Bogaerts ranks fifth in MLB action batting .318 this season for the underdog Red Sox (+104). Nestor Cortes takes the mound first for New York, and Brayan Bello is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.6 home runs per game and have hit a league-leading 224 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 20th-ranked batting average in the league (.239).
- The Yankees are fifth in baseball with a .322 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 16th in the league.
- The Yankees average 1.4 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (101 total in road contests).
- The Yankees have a .412 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .240 away from home this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Judge leads New York in OBP (.414), slugging percentage (.692) and total hits (158) this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Judge’s batting average ranks seventh, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .550 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Gleyber Torres has 23 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 32 walks while batting .240.
- Torres is 103rd in batting average, 127th in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Torres has picked up a hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .261 with a double, two home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is batting .269 with a .334 slugging percentage and 45 RBI this year.
- Giancarlo Stanton is batting .218 with a .303 OBP and 68 RBI for New York this season.
- Stanton brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .308 with two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox have hit 136 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Red Sox rank fourth in MLB with a .259 team batting average.
- The Red Sox are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .320.
- The Red Sox rank 19th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 70 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .441 in home games this season with 249 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .269 with 9.2 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 141 hits, a team-high for the Red Sox.
- Including all qualified hitters, Devers is 24th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 36th and he is ninth in slugging.
- Bogaerts’ .385 OBP and .476 slugging percentage both lead his team.
- Bogaerts ranks fifth in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 26th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .285 with 35 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 36 walks.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .274 with 38 doubles, 11 home runs and 47 walks.
Yankees vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers