Table of Contents
Before placing any wagers on Carson Wentz’s player prop bets for Sunday’s game, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on FOX, here are some key stats and trends to know. Wentz’s Washington Commanders (1-0) and the Detroit Lions (0-1) meet in Week 2 at Ford Field.
Carson Wentz Player Props vs. Detroit
- Matchup: Washington Commanders at Detroit Lions
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Date: September 18, 2022
- Passing Yards Prop: Over 479.0 (-230)
- Rushing Yards Prop: Over 23.0 (-235)
Carson Wentz Passing Stats
- Wentz racked up 3,563 passing yards (209.6 per game) with a 62.4% completion percentage last year (322-of-516), while throwing for 27 touchdowns with seven interceptions.
- He tacked on 215 rushing yards on 57 carries with one touchdown, averaging 12.6 yards per game.
- This week Wentz will face what was the NFL’s 24th-ranked pass defense last season (244.7 yards allowed per game).
- At 1.8 passing TDs conceded per game last year, the Lions’ defense was ranked 26th in the NFL.
- The Lions were 22nd in the league in interceptions last season, with 11.
Last Season Stats: Commanders vs. Lions
- The Commanders scored 7.8 fewer points per game (19.7) than the Lions surrendered (27.5) last season.
- The Commanders averaged 56.2 fewer yards per game (323.6) than the Lions gave up per outing (379.8) last season.
- The Commanders passed for 202.4 yards per game last year, 42.3 fewer than the 244.7 the Lions allowed per contest.
- Last season the Commanders ran for 13.9 fewer yards per game (121.2) than the Lions allowed per contest (135.1).
- The Commanders turned the ball over 24 times last year, five more turnovers than the Lions forced (19).