Table of Contents
Noah Syndergaard will try to collect his 10th victory of the season when the Philadelphia Phillies (80-62) visit the Miami Marlins (58-85) on Thursday at 6:40 PM ET. The Phillies are favored in the matchup (-140) against the Marlins (+119). Syndergaard starts for Philadelphia, and Pablo Lopez is Miami’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are sixth-best in MLB play with 182 total home runs.
- The Phillies are eighth in MLB with a .255 batting average.
- The Phillies are 11th in the league with a .317 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the league.
- The Phillies have hit 83 home runs away from home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Phillies are slugging .409 with three extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team is batting .250 with 587 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .250 with 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Hoskins’ batting average ranks 79th, his on-base percentage ranks 53rd, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (109) this season while batting .213 with 59 extra-base hits.
- Schwarber’s batting average is 131st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 101st, and his slugging percentage 24th.
- J.T. Realmuto leads Philadelphia in OBP (.346) this season, fueled by 119 hits.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .409, fueled by 36 extra-base hits.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins’ 124 home runs rank 25th in Major League Baseball.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .293 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 0.8 per game, in 71 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .365 in home games this season with 183 extra-base hits.
- In 71 home games this season, they have a batting average of .231 while averaging 7.6 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has a team-high OBP (.282) and slugging percentage (.327), while pacing the Marlins in hits (100).
- Including all qualified players in MLB, Rojas’ batting average puts him 108th, his on-base percentage is 130th, and he is 132nd in slugging.
- Rojas hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with .
- Garrett Cooper is hitting .256 with 29 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 37 walks.
- Jon Berti is hitting .250 with 15 doubles, two triples, three home runs and 35 walks.
- Joey Wendle is batting .260 with 23 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 14 walks.
Phillies vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers