Table of Contents
The Chicago White Sox (74-70) match up with the Detroit Tigers (53-89) after Yoan Moncada had a four-hit outing in an 8-2 win over the Guardians. The White Sox are favored (-152) in this matchup with the Tigers (+129), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Friday. Chicago has Lucas Giolito starting things off, and Detroit will counter with Matt Manning.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Friday, September 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 21st in MLB play with 134 total home runs .
- The White Sox lead MLB with a .262 batting average.
- The White Sox’s .318 on-base percentage ranks 11th in the league.
- The White Sox strike out 7.8 times per game to rank seventh in baseball.
- The White Sox have hit 66 home runs on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- The White Sox have a .402 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club is batting .269 with 692 hits (9.6 per game) on the road this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has an OPS of .844, fueled by an OBP of .386 to go with a slugging percentage of .458. All three of those stats lead Chicago hitters this season.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Abreu’s batting average ranks sixth, his on-base percentage ranks seventh, and he is 43rd in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn has 133 hits, which is best among Chicago batters this season. He’s batting .290 with 45 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualified, Vaughn is 21st in batting average, 49th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging percentage.
- Vaughn brings a three-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .253 with a .410 slugging percentage and 51 RBI this year.
- Andrus enters this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert has 12 home runs, 56 RBI and a batting average of .291 this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers rank last in Major League Baseball with just 90 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers’ .230 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Tigers have an OBP of just .285 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- In 72 games at home this season, they’ve hit 42 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .345 in home games this season with 155 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .236 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has racked up an on-base percentage of .274, a slugging percentage of .376, and has 114 hits, all club-bests for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Baez is 114th in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage and 115th in slugging percentage.
- Baez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a triple, a home run and three RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .267 with 19 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .204 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 26 walks.
- Willi Castro has 18 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 14 walks while batting .238.
White Sox vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers