Table of Contents
Yonathan Daza will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Colorado Rockies (62-82) play the Chicago Cubs (62-82) on Saturday at 2:20 PM ET. The Rockies are underdogs (+122) versus the Cubs (-144). Hayden Wesneski starts for Chicago while Colorado will counter with Jose Urena.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs average one home run per game to rank 18th in MLB action with 145 total home runs .
- The Cubs rank 16th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Cubs are 18th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .312.
- The Cubs strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 25th in baseball.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per home game this season (69 total at home).
- The Cubs have a .396 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .250 at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ leads Chicago with a slugging percentage of .458, fueled by 57 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in baseball, Happ’s batting average ranks 39th, his on-base percentage ranks 36th, and he is 42nd in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Hoerner ranks 19th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 72nd in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Hoerner brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last 10 games he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .263 with a .433 slugging percentage and 45 RBI this year.
- Suzuki has logged a hit or more in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .210 with a .302 OBP and 59 RBI for Chicago this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 133 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies’ .257 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking sixth in MLB.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Rockies rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of eight whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 70 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .335 in 70 road games this season.
- In 70 road games this season, they have a batting average of .228 while averaging 7.8 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has totaled 139 hits with a .482 slugging percentage, both team-high figures for the Rockies.
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Cron ranks 61st in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage.
- Brendan Rodgers is hitting .261 with 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 43 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rodgers is 65th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .258 with 20 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks.
- Ryan McMahon has 21 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 56 walks while hitting .248.
Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers