Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez leads the Houston Astros (95-50) into a matchup against the Oakland Athletics (52-93) following his three-home run performance in a 5-0 win over the Athletics. The Astros are moneyline favorites (-285) for this tilt against the underdog Athletics (+230), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday. Houston has Jose Urquidy set to start, while Oakland will counter with Cole Irvin.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB action with 192 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .245 batting average ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Astros’ .320 on-base percentage ranks sixth-best in the league.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game, the third-best mark in baseball.
- The Astros have hit 99 home runs at home this season (1.4 per game).
- The Astros have a .438 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.0 hits per game and is batting .251 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alvarez leads Houston in OBP (.408) and total hits (127) this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Alvarez is ninth in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and second in slugging.
- Alvarez hopes to build on a seven-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last 10 games he is batting .405 with five doubles, five home runs, seven walks and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman is batting .265 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 82 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Bregman’s batting average ranks him 54th, his on-base percentage 11th, and his slugging percentage 34th.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .262 with a .485 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston in slugging percentage (.506) thanks to 57 extra-base hits.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit just 123 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .216.
- The Athletics have an OBP of just .280 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 20th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- In 73 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 77 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .371 in away games this season with 195 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .227 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has put up a team-best OBP (.334) and slugging percentage (.443), while leading the Athletics in hits (123).
- Murphy ranks 73rd in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 56th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters in the majors.
- Murphy brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .231 with 22 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 42 walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Kemp is 119th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage and 132nd in slugging percentage.
- Seth Brown has collected 102 hits, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Ramon Laureano is hitting .211 with 18 doubles, 13 home runs and 25 walks.
Astros vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers