Table of Contents
Yonathan Daza has 99 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when his Colorado Rockies (63-82) meet the Chicago Cubs (62-83) on Sunday at 2:20 PM ET. The Rockies are the underdog (+113) in this contest against the Cubs (-133). Chicago’s Javier Assad and Colorado’s Ryan Feltner will start this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 18th in baseball with 145 total home runs.
- The Cubs are 17th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Cubs are 19th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .312.
- The Cubs’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
- The Cubs average 0.9 homers per home game this season (69 total at home).
- The Cubs are slugging .395 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .251.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has an OPS of .805, fueled by an OBP of .348 and a team-best slugging percentage of .457 this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Happ ranks 38th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage, and 42nd in slugging.
- Happ will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .291 with 21 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 26 walks.
- Among all qualifying players, Hoerner is 19th in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 73rd in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has 89 hits this season and has a slash line of .208/.302/.422.
- Christopher Morel has 13 home runs, 38 RBI and a batting average of .238 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 133 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .256 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Rockies have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Rockies rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of eight whiffs per contest.
- In 71 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 41 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They are slugging .334 in 71 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.7 base hits per game and batting .227 on the road this season.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has racked up 140 hits with a .483 slugging percentage, both team-high stats for the Rockies.
- Cron ranks 59th in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage and 22nd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Brendan Rodgers has 29 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 43 walks while batting .261.
- Rodgers is currently 65th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Charlie Blackmon has 20 doubles, five triples, 16 home runs and 29 walks while batting .258.
- Ryan McMahon has 21 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 56 walks while batting .248.
Cubs vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers